Small issue with Jump Bar

I noticed: when using the “Jump to Flow” function, it only works when the target flow is out of sight. If there is a tiny visible bit, “it won’t jump”.

That’s indeed by design. If the target is in view, even a little bit, don’t move the view. It’s very hard to balance the competing requirements of bringing things into view against the view moving too much, leading to disorientation.

Yes Daniel, I thought it would be by design.
This leads to a little inconsistence though, when just working with the the keyboard:
I went through an opera score with 22 flows, selecting each flow just with the keyboard with jf12 enter, jf13 enter, f14 enter and so on…
After each selection I selected all (ctrl-a) and applied a property to the whole flow with a key combination.
So far everything worked brilliantly without me having to touch the mouse once. It only did not work on two flows, where I noticed, a tiny bit was visible on the right edge of my window. In those two cases I had to get out the mouse…

Would the team reconsider, if the jump command could bring each flow align with the first bar being at the very left of the screen - wether it is visible or not? Or alternatively switch the chosen flow into a “receiving mode”, in which one could apply further commands to that flow? Pardon my complicated English.

I can’t use the Jump Bar to switch between Galley & Page views even with aliases entered in Key Commands.

**Leigh

It would be more helpful if the target is at least the first few beats of music, rather than just the systemic barline. But if it has to be only one point, I understand.

The target is a rectangle surrounding the whole of the first system, but that’s not the point. The point is that if any part of that rectangle is in view, Dorico won’t move the view.

The command that you can access via the jump bar is Toggle View Type. Perhaps assign a key command or a jump bar alias to that one?

That did it. Thanks!

**Leigh