Small project caused the crash of Cubase 10.5 and then Cubase 11(demo)

Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2021.11.24 13.04.01.029.dmp (749.7 KB)
Cubase 10.5.20.179 64bit 2021.12.5 14.01.34.601.dmp (1007.1 KB)
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2021.11.25 12.37.34.903.dmp (724.0 KB)
Cubase 11.0.41.448 64bit 2021.11.28 23.05.34.573.dmp (803.8 KB)

I have constant problems with Cubase - doesn’t perform editing commands,plays wrong articulations etc.
I don’t do complicated stuff, it’s only a few bars projects so far because it’s hard to go any further.Please help, it really takes away my desire to use Cubase.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Or even to trash all your Cubase preferences (Cubase 10.5, Cubase 11 or even older, if you have some installed).

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Yes, I do this several times a day, even my Cubase suggests it after switching on again. I have written to Steinberg Support, but they do not seem to take things seriously.
Thank you Martin for speaking up, maybe you have some more ideas?

Hi,

Unfortunately I was able to resolve only 2 files from 4. Every of them point to a different area.

In any case, there is a bug in Cubase and you were touching it with one of the crash. You cannot do anything against this one. At the other hand, this bug should appear rarely. It’s related to the USB-eLicenser. How old is yours, please?

The other crash, I was able to resolve, is also rare and I wasn’t able to reproduce it so far. Could you share the file (without data) by any chance, please?

If you mean the age of my USB license key it is already about 12 years old,
do you think I should replace it with a new one?
On the other hand I don’t know what file you are talking about?
I am happy to share anything that might help and thank you for your willingness to do so.

Hi,

Oh, that’s quite old.

Yes, I would recommend it. At the other hand, Steinberg is going to move out from USB-eLicenser with Cubase 12. So if you are going to update to Cubase 12, you wouldn’t need the USB-eLicenser anymore.

Sorry, I was talking about the project file (CPR). Thank you.

Do you think it is the USB key that is causing this Cubase confusion?
Of course, I am sending this CPR project to you as a simple test, nothing else is needed for my Cubase to have problems.
CPR 6.cpr (3.9 MB)

Hi,

I have no NI Kontakt (the same version, you have) installed. So the project loaded without the plug-in on my side. And it loaded without any problem.

You are right, there is almost nothing in the project.

The probability is quite high.