Smart click

Because that is what we need… Another metronome for Ios… I stopped counting at 240 ios metronomes cuz im sure i would have been counting all day…

Our “funds” going to trainees that create something that we really do not need another of…

Instead of tackling cubase issues , you create a dang ios metronome…

What a great resolve… I feel like im in a dang kindergarten with you sometimes…

You lack vision, determination and drive to do the right thing…

I see your point, but perhaps that same developer will be the one who rises in the team to fix the bugs in Cubase… which I admit is a bit “pie in the sky” but I hate to discourage education and innovation. I can use that app in the car to practice my paradiddles… I drive 1100km or 700 miles per week… which gives me opportunity to tap on the steering wheel to a variety of sources. :sunglasses:

Some may have missed this link… Stories. Interviews. Inspirations | Steinberg

Because trainees should be tackling issues in the company’s flagship product, right? Please.

Many companies have trainee programs where stuff that’s not necessarily innovative or low in supply gets made. The results are not always published as a product, but the people at Steinberg decided to do it. It’s good for morale.

The app is free. If it’s not useful to you, that’s too bad. Maybe their next program or app will be.

Also keep in mind that throwing more money and people into issues can only do so much to get them fixed. Steinberg may not be a huge company but they have thousands of users and the backing of one of the biggest synth and instrument companies in the world. They don’t necessarily have infinite money but you can be sure that the funding of this trainee program didn’t stop any bugs from being fixed.

I think there are enough generic corporations out there that can tackle the oh so humanitarian training of industrial clerks, wholesale merchants and marketing communication merchants…
There are IT companies out there that can train IT personell…
Software dev? Does cubase have proprietary code to train people in or can this also be handled by third parties?
I bet i could (if i had a mac and xcode or whatever whip up a metronome in a day using google and open source code)
Innovation? A metronome? Pfshh…

Steinberg should focus on things only steinberg can do. Work on their dang money maker. Perfect the code. Innovate.

“First creative steps” sounds like something out of a baby world… Something like “my first sony” → while the rest is concentrating on high end gear…

Is this still a audio company or a marketing gag?

I think ALL resources should be used to make cubase/nuendo the best it can be… Even if that means no profits and only break even for a year or so.

Stop thinking like a dang corporation and get back to the Audio side of things. There are enough McDonalds out there…

To be continued…

If you’re unhappy you can always try starting your own company. I’m sure your DAW would be a massive success with your superior company management skills.

@Romantique

1000s of users who back cubase and nuendo, not merchant trainees or metronome apps.

We back steinberg because we want cubase/nuendo to develop their flagships to perfection… So they hire people to tackle the neverending bug forum, innovators and audio freaks who can envision the most useful suggestions by the community who work with the product on a daily basis and actually know what it needs (not the bells and whistles fanboy crowd)

The trainee program didnt stop any bugs getting fixed, but it surely didnt fix any either.
And thats what we want. Bug fixes and innovation… Not any funny apps or more marketing/wholesale/industrialists or whatever gimmicks on this planet…
Im think im going out on a limb here but we want that our funds go to cubase/nuendo and the people supporting it. (Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, anybody…)

TBC…

Yes i do have vastly superior company management skills compared to 90% of the idiots out there… Its true.

All those corporate lackies want is to make more money. They give you planned obsolesence bullcrap products to hook you on their fishing rod… The hamster wheel spins and spins… The allmighty corporatology…
This whole shebang reminds me of the lightbulb conspiracy…

The health industry wants to treat you, not cure you
The banking industry wants to rob you, not increase your money
Government industry wants to control you not serve you
The education industry wants to tell you what to think , not how to think
The defense (military industrial complex) industry wants war not peace
And the list goes on and on…

I think i dont need to tell you about certain things…

Would i be a good company manager? Dang skippy i would be. But it would have to be a field that i know or i would be just like the other planless corporate retards only out for a buck…

But lets not drift off the topic :stuck_out_tongue:

TBC

Edit: p.s. Trainees etc, do not take this personal… You are probably very wonderful people;)

Hahaha wow, i sense a troll.

Well done Steinberg, many don’t go this far for their interns!
Congrats to the interns metronome-team for shipping, great experience!

Like I said in my first post, them throwing more money into Cubase and Nuendo wont necessarily help change or fix anything faster. Again, Steinberg gets backing from Yamaha, they make one of the best selling DAWs around and their interfaces are really popular. Seriously, they have money for more than just Cubase. Don’t worry.

I’m kinda disappointed you didn’t throw in the PM - Mythical Man-month quote here xD

Lets not get personal. We all have a right to our opinions. You both make valid points. :confused:

Now, everyone close their eyes, start your metrognome of choice, gently sway back and forth to the rhythm , focus on your breathing, match your heartbeat to the gentle meter, and go and make some music for FFS! :laughing:

(Jk, im cool beans:p) :wink:

good stuff steinberg, don’t care who done it, interns or not, but I will find this useful on my travels.

Personally, I figure it is none of my business if Steinberg pays their interns 100K to fill in adult coloring books. I wouldn’t want them telling me how to run my business.
The app seems fine, especially since it is free. If one doesn’t like it or need it just ignore it.