SMOOTH SCROLLING FINALLY

The title of this thread is misleading. This is not the smooth scrolling most of us was asking for. At least not on Windows. While using the scroll wheel, it still jumps vertically and horizontally. Nothing smooth about it.

Exactly, not the smooth scrolling most of us was asking for.

It is not like this and really smooth on Mac Catalina and also scroll forward is much better without jumping 100 bars ahead.

Then we Windows users also want that! Can you show us how it behaves on Mac? I’m very curious to see this.

Sure I will try to do a short video

Here is how it looks like on a mac:
Vertical scroll:

Horizontal scroll (even worst):

Totally different for me. Soon I’ll upload a video

This is Cubase 11 on MacBook Pro Catalina

nice.

cmd+mouse weel or trackpad pinch and zoom?

I used both in the video but I usually use trackpad pinch zoom.

Exactly. Thanks.
The same is for key and audio editor and sound pack list.
Now is more simply to work in Cubase, not so confusing as in other releases.

WOW!! :smiley: Incredible, it is a dream that comes true. I wonder why so much time to get a smooth scrolling.

I really hope to see this also in Nuendo 11!

I use a Magic Mouse with Windows, believe it or not. Insanely smooth with almost any other application, but still lags in Cubase. Can anyone confirm that it works better now in Windows, and maybe I’m just not using the right mouse for it?

I’m a mac user and I’ve switched to logitech mx master3 hoping in a smoother behavior. In my opinion magic mouse is not suitable for working with nuendo, every time I accidentally touch it with my fingers I make huge jumps through the project.
Its really not the type of mice the issue here, Nuendo does not behave smooth with any mice.
My workaround was to install Smooze and in fact since then its slightly better.

1 Like

Does trackpad pinch zoom work for you on MacOS? If so, are you using 3rd party software to enable this with Cubase? Using the trackpad, I can only zoom using CMD + scroll. Pinching does not cause any response in Cubase 11 for me.

Yes I use bettertouchtool software. https://folivora.ai
I programmed G and H commands 5 times each consecutively to have a smooth zoom in out.
Been waiting a native solution forever but seems not a priority for Steinberg.

Well, duh. That project is essentially empty.
Try filling it with instrument tracks, midi data and automation. That will still slow the GUI down considerably.

No difference on something I been working on. Still good.

So you are using the mouse scroll wheel to do this or a track pad? The smoothness people have been asking for is using the scroll wheel.

CRTL or SHIFT + scroll wheel is still not smooth in Windows. The mouse has nothing to do with it.