Smooth Scrolling

Is this not a thing yet?

Scrolling in the sidebar scrolls pretty smoothly but in the working area it scrolls like 1-2 bars at a time… most other DAWs have smoother scrolling. Using a trackpad or magic mouse is horrible for scrolling… I know you can use a middle mouse button to grab/scroll but magic mouses (?) and trackpads don’t really have those…

Not really looking for hacks here… smooth scrolling seems like it should be an simple ask…

1 Like

+1000

Steinberg Developers, come on! Please note how many posts are here about smooth scrolling problems on macOS, THAT’S A SERIOUS PROBLEM! Please fix it!

Just add an option in Cubase/Nuendo preferences for us. If it can’t be done, please let us know why and stop ignoring us! :imp:

I’ll be writing about it everywhere! And stop writing back in such a rude way, I’ve been paying for over 15 years for updates:

The reported message is off topic. Duplicated. I think you made your point. No need to Spam every topic about scrolling…

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Even worse on Windows. It’s ghastly.

+9837487

Switching back and forth from Ableton to Cubase this is the thing that jumps out the most… scrolling once jumps 4 tracks on the 3rd vertical zoom setting… meanwhile grabbing the scrollbar on the right does what you’d expect??? cmon guys…

This needs to be fixed, horizontal scrolling is a nightmare, if you’re zoomed in and want to just scroll a bit using the mouse you end up ZOOMING past the area you want to work with.

Luckily I have an old CMC-TP that allows for very accurate scrolling but one shouldn’t need additional hardware just to scroll.

I should have sold Cubase long time ago and buy Logic Pro :imp: :imp: :imp:
Steinberg’s approach is very annoying, they invent hundreds of useless functions, but they can’t fix such a simple thing as smooth scrolling… 10 years of begging, it’s a nightmare Steinberg!!! How do you treat your customers? :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Please fix this steinberg once and for all. This makes cubase look really sloppy.

+++++

• 100 000 000 000 !!!

Not sure why this is still a thing but magic mouse and magic trackpad both have the issue… if you put the mouse on the scrollbar and scroll it’s better though??

+1 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

:imp: :imp: :imp:

+++++

:smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

++++++

+4000

How do you treat your customers Steinberg? Why?!

+1