Snap "on" when copying parts with mouse

When copying an event by mouse the snap does not seem to affect. Is there anywhere in the pref that this can be ticked on ?

Regards Thomas

Nobody knows about this ? Or is my problem explanation not clear enough ?

Regards Thomas

Snap to grid (or quantize value).

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v10/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/project_window/project_window_snap_function_c.html

Nickeldome.

I am fully aware what snap is. My problem is that when I copy a part snap doesnt take affect. All other actions snap takes affect.
So thats why I thought there might be somewhere in the prefs that this could be set ? it could be something like ‘set snap off when copying events’.

Best Thomas

Sorry, can’t think of any preference setting related to this? Just the options on on the toolbar.

Do you mean duplicate, not copy?

I put a feature request in for this. When we duplicate a part i want it to jump to where it should be (depending on set quantise) not directly after the end of the part.

When I copy, I use the alt key and drag. This will drop where ever i let go to the snap nearest quantise.

Please. Create a sig for your profile that tells people what OS you’re on- at the very least.

The problem you have probably, is that the same modifier key is set to both copy and suspend snap.

Also, read the manual. Also, get off my lawn you kids! :wink:

I am on Windows 10.

where to find suspend snap ?

Best, Thomas

a) Say you have Snap : ON.

• Leftclick on Event you wanna move, hold down leftmouse button.
  • Hold down CTRL key (in case of mac: CMD key)
  • Move mouse left or right, to move the Event left or right.
    Outcome: The Event will be moved “suspend snapped”, so freely, not restricted to any set Snap Grid.

b) Say you have Snap : ON.

• Leftclick on Event you wanna duplicate, hold down leftmouse button.
  • Hold down CTRL key (in case of mac: CMD key) plus ALT Key.
  • Move mouse left or right, to make a Duplicate of the Event, left or right.
    Outcome: The Duplicate of the Event will be moved “suspend snapped”, so freely, not restricted to any set Snap Grid.

This helped ?
Warm Regards.