snapshot automation

can snapshot automation be applied to the master section?

No, sorry

Many thanks PG. is there any way to eq multiple mono tracks at once (5.1) inside the montage, and apply automation for song changes?

Why not using plugins on clips? (as far as a clip is a song)

It’s just that working with 5.1 stems would mean opening several plugins for each clip. on an entire album that could be hundreds of plugins.
to much work for me mate. I’d prefer to have 3 or 4 plugins for each ,entire 5.1 group and work like that.

Soundroid, I just wondered what program you’re currently using for this?

In Wavelab, 5.1 mastering is usually done on 4 tracks:
1 Stereo Track for Lf Rf
1 Stereo Track for Ls Rs
1 Mono Track for Center
1 Mono Track for LFE

You can see that if you make a new montage using the 5.1 montage template. It gives you a lot of flexibility if used with clip plugins, but would mean a lot of plugins (although fewer than if you have 6 separate mono tracks.). But you can use any plugins since you’re not restricted to multichannel plugins only, and many don’t come with multichannel versions.

There are requests for Multichannel File support and track fx automation in the montage. Don’t know when that will happen though.

But snapshots in the master section or montage output with multichannel plugins and the existing montage 5.1 track layouts would be pretty great too, if snapshots could be made to switch in time with points in a montage.

“But snapshots in the master section or montage output with multichannel plugins and the existing montage 5.1 track layouts would be pretty great too, if snapshots could be made to switch in time with points in a montage.”

I totally agree. This would be my dream scenario.