So happy with Cubase 6.5 .4.

It rained all day today. I spent several hours on a new song, several hours on a half finished song, and some time tweaking a “finished song”. It’s running smoothly, all my plugins work, and my MIDI controller’s working great. I I’ve been reading the C7 forum a lot lately and can’t see any reason for upgrading. To be honest, I have forgotten most of what we want in the 6.5.5 update (I would like mp3 tags that save with the project and multiple track freezes with one command.) I know, there are some things that people “need” for their “workflow” and some people are still waiting for the magic version that will run smoothly on their system. I am just really happy with Cubase 6.5.4.

I would really like to upgrade to 6.5 instead of 7 shame the upgrade isn’t available.I should of upgrade when I had the chance

Well, you could ofcourse upgrade to 7 and that way have a valid license for 6.5. I’m sure 6.5 can be gotten somehow.

I suppose so good point…just kick myself as thats going to cost double the price of the .5 upgrade

I’ll wait for a bit :wink:

Yep, another +1 vote for Cubase 6.5.4 here. Of all the nice features it has, the most important one is stability and the fact that everything I need is right at my fingertips.
Both of these seem to be a step back in Cubase 7, so I’m skipping that for now.

Yep, another C7 skipper here too. I first decided so based on features that weren’t much added value for the way I work (I hardly use the mixer in Cubase at all, since I mix OTB). Add to that some of the horror stories after first release - plus the pleasure it is to work with 6.5 - and my next possible version will be C8. I skipped many versions between Atari ST and SX3, and then skipped C4, so I do have a certain reputation for skipping :sunglasses:

Wavelab 8 however, is something I can recommend to anyone using WL already - or those seeking an extensive wave editor / mastering software. Great update altogether!

Aloha j and +1.

Even tho’ C7 is up and running smoothly,
I occasionally still do some work in 6.5.4.

Like a comfortable old shoe it’s there waiting.

BTW
so is C5.5.3.

The Cubase bench is deep.
{‘-’}