So, looks like my mixer will be...

A&H GSRM24 then.

Looked many options. Liked Toft ATB but there was too many users facing the problems with HW. I have used Allen & Heath for live stuff for quite a many times…no probs…not a Midas though…still have one or two of their live consoles in flight cases stored in the garage. Checked 2nd hand “famous” studio consoles either refurbished or sold-as-they-are to someone who can solder. Well…I can but…I do not want to…

Audient (or nowadays Focusrite) newest version…not enough AUXes, no EQ…Matrix - no EQ, Audient Zen…no eq…SSL X-desk…not enough anything…

GSRM24M looks okay and specs and reviews are flattering. Any users in here who would like to shed out their comments ?

…or…maybe I’ll wait another year or two…this console should have some competition in near future or it will get quite good market share…

Tomorrow I will test how it sounds anyway… :wink:

braunie

You won’t go wrong with that, mate. Also, I agree about the hybrid control surfaces – none of them (except maybe a $80,000 AWS) meets all my needs

well…AWS does have everything I’d like to have…including superanalog pres…but…the price…although only fraction of 4000 series and a bargain as such…but…

…and A&H has also two fully parametric mids (including Q) and Hugh R was also impressed…and based on the reviews it is kind of in-line console which I like :wink:

braunie

Excellent! Look forward to hearing how it works out.

Well, it is quite impressing desk…but decided to wait still. Got Octopre mk2 dynamics instead and threw Behringer ADA8000 out. With Saffire 40 I got 18 channels on mixdown and I’ll just continue with my Soundcraft until it dies…

But Allen console is impressive for the price…

braunie

i had an AH s2 made for thatched cottage audio back in the 90’s and what an outstanding consul it was , as you say the 2 full parametric eqsweeps are just brilliant , i used it live and in the studio and in both it worked flawlessly
and for the £3500 it cost back then it was a true master in the mobile mixer cat .wish i still had the old beast those eq sweeps were just unbeatable at the time , go ahead have a demo and im sure that consul will blow your mind !

freq