So very disappointing.

I bought the update from C5 at the sale in July for 180€ (normal price was 300€) and waited with the activation just to find out the update is now 160€ :unamused:

But I guess the 160€ for all versions prior 10.5 is only a special price and will be changed to the usual separate updates for different versions soon…

After watching some Dom Sigalas videos I can say that the new features are really interesting! Especially the scale tool, the Supervision (Cubase was really missing a live waveform tool, like the one I had in SONAR) and Spectralayers.

I am really happy.

And therein lies the rub. It’s lots of updates that don’t subjectively add very much.

When many say they have been crying out for things for a while.

I’ve used this for years and amongst other things I simply wish I could drag and drop music parts to and from the mediabay. Managing arrangements in Cubase can be such a messy affair and it would benefit from a global parts management.

Was the last number update not $100 also? I thought it was.

Anyway, while it is predictable that there will be a bunch of griping on here any time Cubase puts out an update, I’m usually at least somewhat enthusiastic but this one doesn’t offer me much that I don’t already have unfortunately. And that’s after a .5 update that i felt was a really good value. The focus on adding new plugins I think will make more experienced users feel left out. I wonder what percentage of people own Cubase Pro and do not own the Fabfilter or Izotope equivalents of the plugs they’ve added… or both. I feel like it’s gotta be a small number.

On the other hand Spectralayers One looks very cool. Takes me back to the days I used to use Adobe Audition and had all that nice spectral editing right there in the DAW.

To be fair, I also groan a little bit when Ableton adds new devices instead of new features, but they have at least added some interesting/unusual spectral effects instead of another EQ or pedal or whatever. And comping, at long last!

I think the features look great.

I’m just disappointed I can’t get to the license servers. Come on Steinberg. You know this happens every time. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

I’m blocked by the eLicencer, but I can say right away that being able to have the rules and markers (and more) in the piano editor is extraordinary. I’ve been waiting for this for years. Bravo Steinberg, except the eLicencer team.

Ps. I add the new vision meters, the new score editor and all the rest. It’s a very important version.

OK, for everyone complaining about the cost of the update: you can save money!
I paid € 36,- to go from 10.0 to 11.0 (and did the same - with the same price - going from 9.0 to 10.0).
Here’s how: During the summer discount, buy the .5 update for € 36. Don’t touch it.
When the next update is released, activate your .5 license - it changes into the current version license. Done.
(Personally I would pay for each update, but for me they are too close together. A new system every 2 years is enough change for me)

So very true! IMO, Cubase is used by many different types of users because it has so many features and is very customizable.

Then you must really dislike Native Instruments upgrade policy too. There are lots of users who pay $99 every summer to update. Look at all that money spent over the years! Gosh, in a way it’s sort of like a pseudo-subscription for the annual upgraders.

But then notice the user who is still on Kontakt 2, released 18 years ago, and now finally decided to upgrade to Kontakt 6 for the same price someone else paid to go from Kontakt 5 to Kontakt 6. :laughing: I believe the same applies when upgrading Komplete bundles. The price is the same regardless if you go from Kompete 6 to Komplete 13, or Komplete 12 to Komplete 13.

Life is not “fair.”

Is this an upgrade or an update - it seems like an update with £85 fee attached to it from what I can gather!

Yeah it is an update, upgrades are when you move between editions. The terminology is clearly defined.

This is what I say every morning opening my eyes.

I am extremely annoyed about the way their updating routines caused massive problems, disabling existing former Cubase versions for quite a while in the process: that is an absolute no go!

But once I had it running, to me the update content is extremely welcome, and defintily worth more than 100 bucks!
I have zero understanding for people claiming this isn’t enough bang for the buck. I don’t know how they are using their DAW, but the way I use it, I massively profit from the update.

1+

It’s missing a couple things I had hoped for * but I welcome this update. A little more snappy on Mac.

• Needs render midi to audio on SELECTED track please!
    If we can drag a midi clip to the Sampler Track and have it rendered to audio why can’t we drag to a selected audo track? :grin:

That would be too easy and also copying Studio One where you can even convert it back to midi even after editing the audio. :laughing:

Oh dear.
How annoying.
I bought it using the iPad literally minutes after getting the email.
We had storms last night , so I didn’t use my music computer until 2am.
Unfortunately - that was successful in placing me in an interminable queue of other updaters , and had me wondering whether their servers for e-licenser were down completely.
So I have been trying to authorise now for 12 hours. Is this a record? If it is , then I’m beating that record with every second that passes.

There really should be a way of initialising e-license authorisation - and then being able to leave it running , until it eventually is assigned server bandwidth. Or at least confirm in some way that you know we are here. To constantly throw up a termination/not connected message each time - is frankly ridiculous , since I will be joining the back of the queue again on returning.

Edit - now 4pm , and Cubase 11 is now showing active in e-licenser. I had done successive maintainance requests , and opened Wavelab 10 - where I re-gave permissions in order to run that. On returning to e-licenser , the Cubase was authorised fine - although I still can’t register , or connect with e-licensee servers. I presume the heavy traffic will dwindle at some point?

I can understand the over-writing bit of the e-licenser , and it works when it has a good connection to the server. But the problem of saturating server-capacity is a little hard to swallow - especially since server-space could be hired or rented to run e-licenser - for at least the day of the release anyway.
I am also annoyed that I needed download assistant. That was a bit puerile , after being with Cubase since 1987! But that worked just fine. The full update download itself was very quick.

Thank you clever clogs

No problems, don’t forget your punctuation marks, either. :blush: :smiling_imp:

Mate, I’ve got computer keyboard problems since I cleaned out 10 years worth of grime this week, so I am still struggling to get certain keys to work! It’s like exercising those faders!

I’ve got dietary and exercise problems since lockdown haha
…can we buy some of this ‘grime’ on the black market btw? :wink: