So, will Steinberg succeed the real 4k or not?

I would like to know if Steinberg will really solve the problem of 4k resolutions under Windows.

On Mac, which is superior on this side, the management of the screen is perfect. In Windows, I tried 20 things and nothing is ok (even if I have an 8G card).

Without knowing this, we can not go to a 4k monitor and we must stay at 2k.

So, will Steinberg succeed the real 4k or not?

You can go 4k if you get a monitor large enough to keep scaling at 100%

It does not work in practice, it would take a movie screen!

I’m considering buying a 49" 4k tv at the moment for use a my primary cubase monitor. Anyone else using any thing like this?

I found 40" 3840 x 2160 to be the best size for 100% size for 4k
Any larger and i can’t take it all in at the distance I need to be to read it all easily.

In the end to use with cubase I got a couple of 32" 2560 x 1440 with one in front and one off to the side.
Again all at 100% size.

Hippo

I run on 2560 x 1440 with a 29 inches at 100% and it’s going very well. But what I want is to go to 3840 x 2160. So, it takes a 40 inch? Logically, at this time, there is dilution of 30 to 40, but it’s worth the pine I think. Thank you for the information.

Hello cmbourget, what do you mean by “there is dilution of 30 to 40, but it’s worth the pine I think”?

Thanks

unhelpful comment

I tried it but it didn’t work out good.
If I sat close enough to be able to read the small text I had to turn my head a lot sideways and up and down all the time.
If I put the screen farther away from me I couldn’t read the small text.

So I returned it, and now I use a 32" 2560x1440 instead, works much better.

(OT posts removed)

Interesting, as 32" 2560x1440 is exactly what I’m using now! Pehaps I’m barking up the wrong tree. I think I’ll have to borrow at TV and try it out, or maybe 43" is more realistic as Hippo suggested.

If you have the same resolution on a larger screen (40 “instead of 27” for example), there is stretching as for a photograph. Same number of pixels, which make the resolution, but on not bigger surface. To better understand, you have to exaggerate the example: if I keep the same number of pixels, but on a 12-foot screen, for example, every 1-inch x 1-inch space will be less accurate than the same space on a screen 27 inches (that’s why it takes distance like in the cinema, but we can not in our case). Between 27 or 30 and 40, it seems less, but it seems.