Soft eLicenser Connection problems

Hi,
I have theoretically a Cubase LE 8 license which came with my Steinberg UR22 interface. But I can’t activate it, because eLicenser permanently throws “cannot connect to the server” errors. I have installed the latest version. I have disabled all firewalls (pc and router), windows defender disabled, still the error. Steinberg support doesn’t reply. Has anyone an idea what else could be the problem?

Seriously, am I the only one with this problem? Is the Steinberg support mail going straight to recycle bin?!

Wireshark shows me this failed request: 212.79.63.231 192.168.1.22 HTTP 378 HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable (text/html)
So obviously some Steinberg server is not working correctly. Anyone any idea? Does anyone actually WORK at Steinberg?!

Please ensure that eLCC is able to reach licensetransfer.elicenser.net (212.79.59.34) via HTTP.

If eLCC doesn’t work despite valid network settings, you need to file a Support request and attach a “Support File” (to be created using eLCC).

I had a very similar trouble today.
Make sure you are not trying to use it using a USB3 connector or USB hub.

Use a dedicated USB 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0 port on your computer for the eLC and it should be fine then.

It is a shame that eLC key is not supported on USB3…