Solo problem with Euphonix/Avid Artist Mix and Cubase

Is anyone using a Euphonix/Avid Artist Mix successfully with Cubase? I’ve run into a fundamental problem with it. In the Cubase mixer, if I press the solo button on one track, then press the solo button on a second track, I now correctly have 2 tracks soloed. However, if I do the same thing on the Avid Artist Mix, pressing solo on the second track turns off solo on the first track!

This problem does not happen when I use the Artist Mix with Logic, so it seems to be specific to Cubase. I’m hoping there’s an undocumented preference somewhere to fix this. Anybody know of a solution?

Press shift while selecting the second.

The default with the Artist series in Cubase is XOR (turns off last channel).

Makes no sense, I know. Solo behavior correctly follows the XOR/multi-select preference in ProTools. Wish it did in Cubase as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. But, for me, holding down shift turns the solo buttons into transport buttons (I’m using Eucon 2.6.2 and Cubase 6.5). So when I shift/solo the second track, it starts playback instead of changing the solo status on the track.

Another problem I’m having is the Artist Mix doesn’t work at all when Cubase isn’t the front-most application. I’m used to my control surface working regardless of whether cubase is in front or not. Anybody know of a solution to that?

I’ll have to check on the solo issue - don’t recall it dropping into transport mode, but now that you mention it, I typically adopt a workaround rather quickly and forget about trying functions don’t work correctly in Cubase. Cubase is without a doubt far behind ProTools 9/10 (esp. 10) in Eucon support. I mainly use it for fader automation for this reason - just too limited to use exclusively away from key commands.

For the second question, open the Eucon control panel (from the Eucon control icon in the tray), and either under preferences or assign, there are 3 check boxes at the bottom to lock the control surface to Cubase (only there when Cubase is open), or lock just the transport, etc.

Thanks for the lock tip, that did the trick!

I edited the name of this thread to include “BUG” to bring it to Steinberg’s attention.

I’ll have to double check the preferences I have, but I think you just need to disable “solo selected track”.

I turned it off so I could “manually” multi-select channels and enable record or solo, and Eucon controllers work as expected - I can record or solo enable multiple tracks on the controller without shift.

Note that I also have the ProTools key command set loaded, along with my own customizations. There may be a default modifier setup that is redirecting your shift-selects to transport commands.

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried but it doesn’t help.

Note that I also have the ProTools key command set loaded, along with my own customizations. There may be a default modifier setup that is redirecting your shift-selects to transport commands.

The artist mix documentation seems pretty clear that shift is for transport on channels 5-8. I’m not sure I’d want to give up transport controls even if I could.

Hi,
I see there is an old thread for the problem I just encounter.

I have the same problem with only exclusive selection of Solo and listen since I switched over to WIN 7, Nuendo 6 and the latest Avid Eucontrol Version 3.0.0.

I thought that I haven’t had this problem in my last config with WIN XP, Nuendo 5 and one of the latest 2.nn Eucon Versions. Because I use the listen feature ery often.

Does anybody foud out a solution or is that still pending?

Thanks for replying
Thomas