[SOLUTION] Flux license issue in Nuendo 8.2

Dear all,

unfortunately the new Flux synthesiser in Nuendo 8.2 is currently not working. The cause of this issue is that Flux needs a license of its own to work and it wasn’t integrated into the Nuendo 8 license on time. This was an oversight on our side.

A new license database is being built to solve this issue and it should be ready by next week. I will update this post as soon as it is available. After that all you need to do to make Flux work is open the eLicenser Control Center and run the maintenance tasks to update the license database on your computers.

I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused and hope for your understanding.

All the best,

no worries here :slight_smile: all the rest of the functionality is superb!! I can wait a little longer for Flux :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update about that.

Thanks Luis!

No big issue. The only inconvenience is the warning message that pops up here and there. Good to know that this can probably be fixed so easily without deploying a new update.
Thanks for your info!

Is this the cause for the following error message I get during install?

HALion Sonic SE Component setup failed.
The installation sourece for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
Error Code: 1612

From what I know and experienced by myself, this is not the mentioned error. Installation went without any issues here. It’s just that the eLicenser claims that the registration of FLUX is not present.

We have released a new eLicenser Control Center which addresses this issue:

Hello all,

FYI it is not necessary to install the latest eLicenser Control Center to solve this issue, but it is enough to run the maintenance tasks on your current installation of the eLC to update the license database.

All the best

It works now! Thanks! :slight_smile:

It works. Thank you.

I’ve tried EVERY know workaround and update possible and still cannot get the Flux error to go away.