Solve an engraving issue with tied harmonics

I have a strange issue: all notehead-related, music font-related, tie-related settings in the library manager are set to the factory default settings in this project, but I get this result with no spacing between notehead and tie:

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 12.57.51

Which setting do I need to change for the ties or noteheads to behave normally and not collide?

There doesn’t seem to be a difference between the user library and the factory defaults either, but in a new, fresh project I still automatically get other noteheads (another music font?) for harmonics! Like this:

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 12.58.06

What’s going on?

For the notehead shape, my guess is that you may have changed the factory default glyph in the Library > Music Symbols or Library > Noteheads Sets to something else.

For the tie collision, try to see if something looks out of place in Engraving Options > Ties and either Avoiding Collisions or Vertical Endpoint Positioning

Hi @Michele_Galvagno1 , as I said: “all notehead-related, music font-related, tie-related settings in the library manager are set to the factory default settings in this project”