[Solved] 8.0.10 Update Failed

It stops on install and I get this message:

An installation package for the product Steinberg Cubase 8 64bit cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘Cubase8_64bit.msi’.

I downloaded it twice and same message.

Tried rebooting and “Run As Administrator.” No luck.

Well this sucks.

Try running a repair on your current version from Control panel/Programs and features and then run the update again.

Thanks but it says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘Cubase8_64bitmsi’ in the box below"

Of course clicking “OK” does NOTHING! Now I am getting angry. The update includes a fix for my RME card.

I am currently going to look for my DVD or I can’t remember maybe it was a full download. I started the full download now just in case and it says it will take 6 hours!

Well again THIS SUCKS.

Hi CubeDAW,

please have a look here: Steinberg Forums

In addition to that, in Cubase 8 the " Steinberg Installation Updater" (SIU) was introduced, which basically looks online for the latest Cubase version available and installs it when running the original installer.

So to make things easier, you should just uninstall Cubase 8 via the Windows Control Panel / Programs and Features, and run your original installation package again. You will end up with a Cubase Pro 8.0.10 automaticaly.

Hope this helps

Thanks again.

I am extracting Cubase 8 from a zip file I found. Paused the download for now as I might not need it. Would like to know why this happened.

With me it happened because I remanded the steinberg hub dll to disable the hub (hubservice.dll in components folder). After renaming it back the update worked. So if you did anything like that undo it or if not it means some critical part that needs updating is missing.

Solved,

The repair worked after I found the msi file I needed in the original Cubase 8 zip file. After that the update did work. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Luis.

Is there a fully offline 8.0.10 installer / updater for those of us with offline DAWs and/or who would like to be sure we can reinstall Cubase, if needed, during an internet and power brown-out laden Zombie Apocalypse. Because music is that important to some of us. :smiley:

Congrats on the .10 update. Looking forward to the next one that will hopefully capture my Jan 21st confirmed bug – the window z-order issue (.10 build was on Jan 22nd, so it’s certainly understandable that it didn’t make it in. :laughing: )

Cheers.

advice?

Yep me too.
Here’s how you can solve it:
( I came to the forum just now wearing my red cape, expecting more people would have this problem.
‘Error 1603’ is more practise then exception to me, i don’t know why. So I was able to hack this one in under 5 minutes. ) - end of egotrip.

If you have the luck to have the necessary files you can hack yourself through this one.
It’s a bit advanced, so maybe not for everyone or if you are a Apple person and don’t want to compute in your life. :confused:

Here’s how I solved it for 64 bit: I had this older update installer lying around called Cubase_Pro_8_Update_Installer_win.zip it’s 3.8 GB from december 3, 2014
probably my update from 7.5 to 8.
Search in there and you will find Cubase8_64bit.msi . A big fresh Cubase 8 installer may also contain it, I don’t know.

Using WinRar you can actually open and extract the new update to 8.0.10 installer and extract it to someplace.
Put the Cubase8_64bit.msi in there next to Cubase_8.0.10_64bit_Update.msp

Execute Cubase_8.0.10_64bit_Update.msp . At some point you may get asked to point to the missing file. Do so.
Your update will be installed.
I skipped a few details, like the Groove Agent update, that just worked the first time round.

If this helped you please click thanks, I collect them.

Good luck.

I don’t know what’s up with all these people not having this problem either.

‘Error 1603’ is more practise then exception to me, i don’t know why. So I was able to hack this one in under 5 minutes. ) - end of egotrip.

That’s good hacking. I’ve never got a 1603 before.

If you have the luck to have the necessary files you can hack yourself through this one.

Here’s how I solved it for 64 bit: I had this older update installer lying around called Cubase_Pro_8_Update_Installer_win.zip it’s 3.8 GB from december 3, 2014
probably my update from 7.5 to 8.
Search in there and you will find Cubase8_64bit.msi . A big fresh Cubase 8 installer may also contain it, I don’t know.

Using WinRar you can actually open and extract the new update to 8.0.10 installer and extract it to someplace.
Put the Cubase8_64bit.msi in there next to Cubase_8.0.10_64bit_Update.msp

Execute Cubase_8.0.10_64bit_Update.msp . At some point you may get asked to point to the missing file. Do so.
Your update will be installed.
I skipped a few details, like the Groove Agent update, that just worked the first time round.

If this helped you please click thanks, I collect them.

Good luck.

Thanks very much. I’m not feeling adventurous, so I’m going to wait for Steinberg support to reply to me about this; but it’s very good to know it’s not just me. When I thought it was just me, I was like, damn.

Hi Jalcide,

(I will answer this one question here although it is off topic. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to further discuss SIU)

There is no 8.0.10 full installer unfortunately, but you can install the 8.0.0 and then apply the 8.0.10 on top of it as usual, the SIU is only meant for fully new installations with an internet connection.

Regards

During the update I’ve had a message like :
"An installation package for the product Steinberg Cubase 8 cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘Cubase8_64bit.msi’

To solve this on windows 7 64bit :
1- open regedit.exe [windows key + search regedit]
2- go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products
3- In regedit search for Cubase
4- Regedit find a key with the expected Cubase8_64bit.msi file path
5- Copy the original Cubase_Pro_8Update_installer_win folder in the path mentionned at step 4
6- run the Cubase_8.0.10_update_win.exe again

et voilà.

explanation :
the updater search for the original installer to find ‘additional contents’ and if you moved or removed the original installer package, it can’t find it. So you have to move to the previous location.

thomas

Steinberg will tell you your registry is corrupt.

There are problems with their installer packages in that they search for an MSI file that most people probably have deleted to save disk space.

If you want to avoid these errors in the future, never delete, move or rename any installation material belonging to any part of Cubase.

Nice,

Here’s an alternate solution

The original installation material is on the DVD’s Steinberg mailed to me. I had to remove them, from my DVD drive, because there are other DVD’s I use too.

my recipe ;
download Cubase 8 (5 hours ) , :imp:
unistall previous Cubase 8 version on your PC ( very fast and easy) :stuck_out_tongue:
install cubase 8
click on the update 8.0.10

that work for me :wink:

Had the same Msi problem but the above solved it.
Strange to get any problems at all as never had a registry cleaner on my Daw.
Only Kaspersky anti virus in gaming mode. :open_mouth:

I can not install the update 8.0.10, I get an error window:
“There is no installation package for the product Steinberg Cubase August 64 bit.Vuelva try the installation using a valid copy of the installation package” Cubase8_64bit.msi “” and to close this popup window, I get another in which puts me:
"Installation Error Cubase8.0.10 64bit Update.Error unrecoverable error during instalación.Código: 1603.

It is the second time I download the file from Downloads Steinberg.

Can anyone tell me I’m wrong ?.

Also I have installed version 7.5.20, but yet the Update 8.0.5 installed fine.

I hope help.
Thank you very much.

=======================================================================================
ESPAÑOL
No puedo instalar el update 8.0.10,me sale una ventana de error :
“No se encuentra ningún paquete de instalación para el producto Steinberg Cubase 8 64 bit.Vuelva a intentar la instalación utilizando una copia válida del paquete de instalación “Cubase8_64bit.msi””,y al cerrar esta ventana emergente,me sale otra en la que me pone:
"Error de instalación de Cubase8.0.10 64bit Update.Error irrecuperable durante la instalación.Código de error:1603.

Es la segunda vez que me descargo el fichero desde Downloads de Steinberg.
¿Alguien me puede decir que hago mal?.

Tambien tengo instalada la versión 4.5.20,pero sin embargo,el Update 8.0.5 se instaló bien.

Espero ayuda.
Muchas gracias.