[SOLVED] Amplitude IIA can only be used once

Hello,

I have full version of Cubasis 2 and purchased all the Amplitude sims/effects and discovered that I have to freeze the guitar tracks instead of have amplitude live on 2 or more tracks like what is possible on my laptop with Cubase Elements 9.5.

Is this a known limitation?

A limitation of IAA is that it can only be used as one instance. iOS guitar players are hanging on for one of the big amp sim developers to release an AU version of their app but we’ve been waiting a while. The only one currently available is called tonebridge and it’s free so give it a try, it is very decent sounding but a bit limited in terms of getting your own sound but has many presets modelled on popular songs

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I just got tonebridge. Hopefully that will be fun also.

I understand the limitations now- thanks mate. I am not so bothered my the freezing but it can get frustrating. I have to start saving presets so I can play live!

Thanks for the helping hands, Extnctn6!

@dubc1984
We have a full article available, which informs about the limitations of Inter-App Audio: Limitations of Inter-App Audio - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

In our view, Apple’s Audio Unit format comes with more flexible features and seems to be the successor of their previous IAA standard. Luckily, many app vendors already offer their instruments and effects apps in this format.

Best,
Lars