[SOLVED] Audio recording in Cubasis

Hi, can someone help me understand how audio is saved on a ipad while recording audio with Cubasis 2.2? Is it stored in the ipad before exporting? Is it stored on the wi-fi server while recording? Do I need wi-fi to make sure a recording is saved? I just need to know how much memory do I have when I record audio in a project. If I have a larger session, do I need an external hard-drive?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your message.

Audio and MIDI recordings are automatically saved within your project, and are included when exporting projects.
On a side note: If you’re after to create additional copies of your audio recordings, double tap an event to open it in the audio editor and choose “Save to Media”.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars, thanks for your response. Can you tell me where the audio data is saved? I guess it’s in the ipad’s memory? Is it also saved in the wi-fi-server? I’m asking this so I want to make sure I have enough memory space for my projects. And if I need more space, can I work with an external hard drive attached to the ipad?

Thanks!

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

The recorded audio is saved within the project file.

I’d suggest to create backups of your files (Projects, Mixdowns, Presets etc.) on a regular basis.

Cubasis offers a wide range option to do so (iTunes Filesharing, WiFi Server, Dropbox, Airdrop, external hard drives) which you’ll find explained in detail in the MediaBay section of the in-app help.In this context, I’d also recommend to create snapshots from your projects from time to time, to create versions in a specific state (also explained in the same chapter).

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks, when I try to share a project in the MediaBay, it gives me only three choices. Email, Zip (to be put in the shared projects folder), and More. BUT when I click the more button, it doesn’t give me any more choices. I would like to send a backup of my project to iCloud Drive, but it doesn’t give me the option. Can you help me on this one?

Thanks,

Sergio

Hi again, problem solved. Like a read in another thread, I installed Dropbox on my ipad and I now have the icloud drive option that comes up after the “more” button. Problem solved!

Thanks

Serge

Thanks for the update, Serge.
Glad to hear your up and running, and that you’ve been able to sort out the Dropbox issue yourself as well…

Have great fun using Cubasis!

Best,
Lars