SOLVED! Cannot install purchased Dorico Elements 4

The installation on my mac went smooth, but on the pc it always gives me Dorico SE instead of Elements. I did have SE installed on the pc but I uninstalled it several times (after everytime it shows up instead of Elements). Even tried to delete anything related to previous Dorico versions (from 2 up), clean the registry, and so so. Also uninstalled then reinstalled Steinberg Download Assistant. Nothing helps.

My pc specs are:

• processor: Intel Core i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50Ghz 2.50Ghz
  • installed RAM: 16,0 GB
  • system type: 64.bit operating system, x64-based processor

EDIT:

The Steinberg Activation Manager did the trick. There I deactivated the SE version and activated Elements.

There’s though an error message that shows up when I fire up the program. It goes away after three clicks and the program starts. Here’s the error message:

“Unknown Application An unknown interapplication communication errot occured. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.”

See, when you install Dorico, you install a “universal” Dorico that can be a Pro, Elements or SE. It’s the license that you have that determines as to what version it will start up to. So on your PC, please start the Steinberg Activation Manager and check what license you are having there. Maybe you need to activate your Elements license on your PC again.

2 Likes

Regarding the error message, I might have an idea. Please go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Steinberg and take a screenshot or make a listing of all the items you have there.

Thank you for the reply,

I managed to activate it by the following similar advice from a facebook group. Maybe you didn’t read my edit of the original post. There’s another issue. I’ll reproduce the EDIT text here:

"The Steinberg Activation Manager did the trick. There I deactivated the SE version and activated Elements.

There’s though an error message that shows up when I fire up the program. It goes away after three clicks and the program starts. Here’s the error message:

“Unknown Application An unknown interapplication communication errot occured. In case the problem persists, please close all applications and restart your computer.”"

Please see my second reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, but sorry, I forgot, I wanted to see the content of the Shared Components folder.

Okay, yes, it’s that euconadapter65.dll that makes the trouble. I suppose you don’t own any Euphonics mixing console or controller, right? In that case, simply delete that file and you will be fine.

1 Like

That did it,

Thank you very much for the help :pray:

1 Like