[Solved] Control Room Multiple Outs Not Working

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with the Control Room monitors. I have my M-Audio’s as monitor 1 and my Fostex as monitor 2 set up through the Studio Tab in VST Connections. The Outputs tab has the speakers as not connected with Outputs !&" as “Main Stereo Out” with the speaker icon. But both sets of speakers play when A-B ing. Neither mute either. But they do solo left and right.
I have looked at the Saffire LE audio interface and Cubase is outputting a signal to outputs 1&2 and 3&4 which connect to my monitors respectively.
This has been an issue for some time but have just muted the speakers when mixing. But thought is time to tackle the issue by asking an expert to get it resolved.
So if anyone can kindly suggest what I need to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jay

Are you sure that audio card setup is not doing the phantom routing?

For example, the default RME setup matrix routes all inputs to the 1 and 2 outputs, in addition to the normal in to out routing. I had to make the mapping only each in to its own output to make it usable by Cubase and the Control Room.

Everything is vying to be the go-to place for controlling your setup, but you have to work out which is in charge.

Hi Patanjali,

Thank you for your reply.
You may well be right. However , I am not sure where I need to look to check this or resolve it, if this is the issue, with the Saffire LE.
I will do some digging however and get back to you.

Thank you gain for your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Jason

Dear Patanjali,

I had a look at the GUI for the Focusrite Saffire and there were two buttons: one labelled “s/card” and the other “track”. I pressed “s/card” and the input / output faders changed positions. I opened up the Control Room mixer and pressed the monitor A/B buttons and (hey presto!!) the monitors switched from A to B and back again etc. I had to raise the level of some of the faders but it worked. This is obviously the sound card setting. The “track” button I now assume is for tracking / recording plugged in instruments.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I have learnt something new and very important today.

Yours sincerely,

Jason