[SOLVED] CPU overload with iMPC Pro using IAA

Started with iMPC Pro today. Despite people on other forums reporting good integration with Cubasis using IAA, I just get CPU overload, iMPC Pro lagging (both audio and screen response)', audio dropouts and finally either Cubasis or iMPC crashing.

I’m running a retina mini with plenty of space. I have reset the iPad and reinstalled both apps and set the hardware latency to maximum in Cubasis.

Any thoughts from anyone on what to try next?

Cheers.

Ok, this one was a simple case of user error.

By selecting impc pro from the IAA instrument list, it connects through a MIDI channel. If an audio track is created first then iMPC selected as the input source it all works fine and the CPU meter shows hardly any load.

I wish I’d got that clear before I backed up all my work, deleted Cubasis and iMPC and reinstalled because when I tried to bring my projects back in via iTunes a few of them failed to import to the iPad. I still have copies of the audio files so I can rebuild them.

I will have a look at this when I get back from work to see if I can work out what went wrong…I’m wondering if the best way to back up projects is to export as zip files first?

Hi,

glad to hear you got it to work.

Thanks
RG