[SOLVED] Cubase 10 Global Workspaces not working

Workspaces do not work since Cubase 10 Pro upgrade. I read that saved “Workspaces” from Cubase versions 9.5 and before do not work in Cubase 10 Pro (even though they still appeared in the list after the upgrade), however even when I make brand new workspaces they do not work.

I checked the key commands and Alt+Num (1-10) is still assigned to all the potential workspaces yet it doesn’t work.

I even try to select workspaces from the top drop down menu and they still don’t work. So its not about key commands.

So far Cubase 10 has not given me a chubby!

Anyone else have this issue?

Cubase Pro 10.0.5 Build 72

\

[SOLVED]
Found out that when you have previous versions of Cubase that sometimes the preferences of the last version will cause the Workspaces in Cubase 10 to not work…

To fix, simply go to the following WINDOWS folder
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg
You can also get to this by In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
You should see previous versions of Cubase. If not make sure you un hide hidden folders.
Rename previous Cubase folder versions by putting an ‘x’ in front of the folder.
Example;
Change the folder Cubase 9_64 to xCubase 9_64

Re-open Cubase 10. Delete any previous Workspaces and make brand new ones. They will now work as Global Workspaces.

Hi,

Workspaces are working on my side here.

What exactly is the change between different workspaces? Different windows open/close, or just a window layout?

Ok, thanks for confirming that, It must be an issue on my end.

To answer your question, nothing changes when I press the desired Alt+Num combinations…

I have two newly created Workspaces, the first Alt+Num1 is simply the left column and the editing area. The second Alt+Num2 is the same with the faders (mixers) down the bottom. they don’t change when when I select the Alt+Num combinations. But what makes it interesting is when I select the workspaces from the drop down menu, it still doesnt work…

I have checked all the key command settings and they all seem right.

Ok, So I just found out that Global workspaces do not work, but project workspaces do work. How bizzare. Im sending a report to Sterinberg…

Hi,

If you send a report to Steinberg, attach your preferences folder and the workspaces XML file, please.

Will do, thanks :wink:

[SOLVED]
Found out that when you have previous versions of Cubase that sometimes the preferences of the last version will cause the Workspaces in Cubase 10 to not work…

To fix, simply go to the following WINDOWS folder
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg
You can also get to this by In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
You should see previous versions of Cubase. If not make sure you un hide hidden folders.
Rename previous Cubase folder versions by putting an ‘x’ in front of the folder.
Example;
Change the folder Cubase 9_64 to xCubase 9_64

Re-open Cubase 10. Delete any previous Workspaces and make brand new ones. They will now work as Global Workspaces.

Hi,

Have you used Cubase 9.5 after using Cubase 10? Do you think there could be a clash while using C10 and C9.5, when these versions are writing data to the Global workspaces?

I havent gone back to 9.5 since using 10 but each version saves own preferences in its own folder and now they are renamed the old Cubase versions would no longer be able to find its own preferences. All are located in the hidden appdata folder. A good question though whether they would clash and I think they would considering I have renamed the ‘Cubase 9.5’ folder to ‘xCubase 9.5’.

· In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg

Rename any old cubase folders

Example.

Hi,

Thank you, I know how the Preferences work.

When you started Cubase 10 for the 1st time, the preferences were inherited from Cubase 9.5. Then these inherited preferences are used in Cubase 10. Cubase 9.5 preferences shouldn’t affect Cubase 10 preferences after this at all. If you trashed Cubase 9.5 preferences, it shouldn’t affect Cubase 10 (again). The only one way would be, that you would trash Cubase 9.5 and Cubase 10 preferences. Then you would get Cubase factory settings.