[solved]_Cubase 11 Pro crashing with TBProAudio CS-5501 V2

Hi there,
I bought the channel strip CS-5501 V2 from TBProAudio yesterday after trialing it for a couple of hours. During the test drive I had no problems.
On importing the license file I had the first crash, completely freezing Cubase. Impossible to force kill it via task-manager.
Restarting the PC, reopening a Cubase project template (which contains 1 instance of Steven Slate Drums 5.5, 1 instance of Kontakt 6.5.3 and EZBass 1.0.8 + a couple of audio/FX tracks/Busses), inserting it on the drum bus, save a preset as default and crash again …
No dump file from Cubase, again I tried to kill it from task-manager:

As you can see in the second image, Cubase moves from “applications” to “background tasks” when force killing it. It then stays there with no means to end it, I have to restart the PC …

I have contacted the developer of the plugin as well to see if he has a solution.
However, this is not the first time I can’t force-kill Cubase after a crash, forcing me to reboot my system … (Win 10 Pro 20h2, updated today, happened yesterday on 20h1, Cubase 11.0.20, click my profile image for more system specs)

What to do?

TIA

Hi,

As it started after the plug-in installation, I would recommend to get in contact with the plug-in vendor.

1 Like

Send TB a mail, he is very fast and responsive .

1 Like

Hi folks, message already sent.
Got a reply this morning saying he’ll look into it.

1 Like

These guys are great.
8:17 message that they’ll look into it
12:00 message with a patch/update

Will install tonight when I get home and see if the problem is cured …

1 Like

I told you.
TB is amazing!
Great programmer and great guy :wink:

Yep. And most of all, that channel strip sounds amazing.
Very musical, very easy to dial in some pleasant tone/processing.
I’ve only tested it on a drum bus for now but, within 3 minutes I had a punchy drum submix
with nice air and details of all elements. Serial compression is fun :slight_smile:
Couldn’t do it with the Cubase channel strip …

I’m happy I bought it :smiley:

1 Like