[SOLVED] Cubase 12.0.70 CRASHES

I re-installed Windows and with Cubase 12.0.70 and updated a few plugins and each time I open a project, it crashes on playback.
When loading Cubase with 3rd party plugins disabled, it does not crash. How do I find the guilty plugin?

1 Like

Just put the plugin one by one to the vst folder

Hi,

Attach the DMP file. We can quickly read, which plug-in is crashing.

So I can’t make it create a DMP file because I have to “End Task” in Task Manager. The DAW just freezes when I press play

I see in Task Manager that Cubase absolutely chokes my memory to 97%.
The dump file I create with Task manager is 20GB and can’t upload here

5 posts were split to a new topic: Crash on macbook pro 2018

Hi,

Could you please use Microsoft ProcDump to create a DMP file?

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

1 Like

https://app.box.com/s/nehl9w1ctqlgimh0ujtknighaknnm07l

This Error FLOODS the memory until everything freezes

Exception: E06D7363.?AVruntime_error@std@@

(I know this is off topic) It would be amazing if this was just exposed in Cubase error messages… (It would be even better if Cubase didn’t wet the bed anytime a plugin had issues)

Not needing support or expert help to see the cause of an issue, and self troubleshooting problems would be a game changer

Found the issue. It’s Native Instruments Massive v1.5.12.

I started with a blank project and loaded 3rd party VST instruments (I used in my project) one by one with procdump open. Certain vsts momentarily gave the Exception: E06D7363 error but when I loaded Massive, it just kept rolling and eventually froze Cubase. I can’t understand why because I had no issues before reinstalling everything on my PC. I even tried Cubase 12.0.60.

1 Like

Cubase 12.0.70.464 64bit 2023.8.10 6.00.27.227.dmp (764.1 KB)

Hi,

The crash is in:
Massive+0xa7da61

1 Like

How do you look into this DMP file to see this?

Sorry, but do you use the legit version of Massive? For me - all works good.

I do. But the issue wasn’t Massive. It was the Microsoft C++ distributables that weren’t playing along. Deleted all of them and installed the latest one

1 Like

Ah, ok. Good then