Solved - Cubase 12: MIDI Remote problem

Sorry, I`ve got no idea. The subfolders and files in the \Cubase 12\midiremote_factory_scripts\ directory seem to be the same. I don’t know what the difference really is. Probably something in the installer.

hi, i am having a huge problem with midi remote.

1. it doesn’t let me import more buttons than the buttons i have.
  2. when i open a project it works for 3 second and i’m talking about start/stop/rewind etc.
    I have an akai mpk 249 and i’m running windows 10.

I also don’t have the MIDI remote tab. In the bottom zone I have Mix Console, Editor, Sampler Control, Chord Pads, and the settings icon. When I click on the settings icon it shows those four items, and allows me to remove or re-order them, but no MIDI Remote is to be seen.

There is a MIDI Remote mgr in the Studio menu, but it doesn’t look anything like what 54 Domingo Ave. shows in the video, and doesn’t show the MIDI surface I have plugged in (an X-touch mini).

What am I missing?

MacOS 12.0.1, Cubase 12.

2 Likes

Well, I just rebooted my mac, and now the MIDI remote manager tab is there, and it seems to work.

Hello.
Exactly the same problem with Window 10. Will I need to turn of the anti virus?

Yes, you need to completely turn off any Antivirus before installing Cubase. You should of course turn it on again after install. But when I was doing it, Cubase won’T install correctly, when anything anti-virus related was active during install.

Well - a good installer should take care of this or at least tell the user that something went wrong during install. But for whatever reason Cubase doesn’t do that.

In Studio → MIDI Remote Manager the “Add Surface +” also isn’t responding.

Did you try turning off Anti-Virus in Windows? I have W11, turned it off, and still haven’t been able to get Remote working in the Lower Zone.

Mine is same situation. I try clicking on Add Surface + and it doesn’t respond.

hello
i got an Akai MPK249 , Cubase Artist 12 and windows 10 , i got the same problem with controller , did you get it fixed ?
cheers !!

no unfortunately not

I’ll post if I get it worked out. I tried the suggestion above to turn off antivirus Windows 11, reinstalled, but still same with no lower zone option for MIDI Remote.

Did you uninstal before? I did that and manually deleted the %user%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 12_64 folder. Only then I reinstalled Cubase 12. That worked for me.

Rainer - Yesterday, I did reinstall (less virus sw) but that didn’t make the difference, at least immediately. I didn’t remove any folders other than the VST instruments for HalionSE I had from old versions (way back to LE/SE and Artist). Only then when I restarted Cubase did Remote finally show in the LZ. MIDI Remote API - UI focus feedback - #20 by John_Ehlers

Hello friends,

Tried the uninstal (manual and ordinary) also disabled antivirus. I can not bring up the Midi Remote tab…I dont get it

If you have a working script for the Novation Impulse 61, I would like that too…

I have made a basic mapping for the Impulse 61 if anyone is interested.
It’s a starting point from which you can create your own mapping.
It uses the controller’s basic MIDI mode.
Novation_Impulse 61.midiremote (6.0 KB)

4 Likes

Any Luck? I’m on a Mac and trying to get it to acknowledge the xml file for the controller script and it stays greyed out. It lets me add it under midi devices, but not there’s a warning that the legacy attributes are going away, and the Midi Remote manager refuses to acknowledge the file type.
I’ve been using Cubase since release 4 and cannot believe they put this buggy mess into the world. I thought it was perhaps still starting in safemode after all the Groove Agent deletes, but have finally found the last of those hidden files. but now here’s a another major problem.

I am puzzled. I cannot get MID Remote to show up on my main computer in my studio. Mac Studio. I created another TEST User and it shows up there when I hook a USB Launchkey 37. Works as expected. Works on my MAC Pro laptop. But I need it to work on the main USER. What am I doing wrong. Out of the three places, it works on two. I need it to work on all three. Frustrating.

Hi everyone,

I had no luck in importing a script for my Stream Deck to the Midi Remot-Editor in Cubase Pro 12. I went to Studio > Setup > Midi Remote > Midi Remote-Editor. Unfortunately the corresponding Button “Import Script” was greyed out, as well as “Add Surface” and “Show Midi Remote in lower zone” on the previous page.
After two weeks of trying to find a solution, also with help from Steinberg support (including 2x reinstall of my OS, disabling anti virus during install and what not), I figured out, what the issue was.

…drum rrrolll… > I had no project open in cubase! <

I never atempted to load or create a project, because I was stuck during the process of setting up my new system. Although the Cubase manual states that one should have a hardware device connected in order to being able to setup a Midi Remote (in Midi Remote-Editor), they do not mention that this only works if a project is loaded too. This is quite silly, because these settings are not project related.

I reported back to Steinberg and hopefully they will fix this.