an hour ago I got the package and installed it on my good old Win XP DAW - I am an updater from Cubase 5. First run crashed during start - I thought because of the missing activation. So I switched to the Internet-OS (XP) and updated the license. Reboot. Now I can see the “Project Assistant” but after that a window pops up telling me that Cubase6.exe has a problem and quit now. I deleted the default.xml file but that didn’t changed anything.
Just to let you know for those of us working with XP - don’t have to high expactations.
I try to run it now on my Internet-XP which has no plugins is all up to date and has never seen Cubase 5. Will report later.
With best regards
Ps. I know that XP is old but so is my hardware. Especially the E-MU 1820m and the Emagic AMT-8. So please don’t tell me I have to upgrade my OS. I have 7 on my laptop I am aware of the all the advantages. But until now there was no reason to upgrade - it just worked.