[SOLVED] Cubasis 3 and Montage

Just got Cubasis 3, but I’m having trouble with it communicating with my Montage. A couple of days ago, “Montage” showed up in the Router, and I was able to record a couple of audio tracks. But suddenly the connection was lost, and I got a window that said “This application is not supported by this iPad.” Yesterday when Cubasis was loading up, a window blinked on briefly that said, “Loading Montage”, but it was never able to connect. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong in the connection process. I’ve seen the videos about connecting the Montage with Cubasis 2, but it looks like the connection displays differently in Cubasis 3 (I don’t see an audio device box in settings). I have an iPad Air 2, and it’s on Do Not Disturb and airplane mode. Montage Midi I/O is set for USB, so it should be good. Thanks for any suggestions. I really love working with Cubasis, and I so want it to work well.

Hi MMoose,

Our good friend DOM Sigalas made some Yamaha/Cubasis videos a while ago.
Please have a look if these are helpful regarding your topic:

Easy-peasy MIDI recording -MODX/MONTAGE with CUBASIS
How I SEQUENCE and RECORD my MODX as AUDIO- Yamaha MODX/MONTAGE with Cubasis

Best,
Lars

Thanks. Yes, I’m familiar with the videos. The setup in Cubasis 3 seems to be different than Cubasis 2, which is in the videos. Just not sure why either the iPad or Cubasis is rejecting the Montage.

Hi MMoose,

Actually, the setup should be pretty similar in both Cubasis app versions.
Where does things fail at your end?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply. I’m able to connect the Montage and Cubasis briefly, but after recording a few seconds, I get a window that says, “This application is not supported by this iPad”. The only thing I can think of is that I have them connected with a USB to Lightning adapter. I wonder if the camera kit adapter would hold the connection better? Does it matter which order things are powered up? I’ve been powering up the Montage, and then Cubasis…which seems to connect them (briefly, anyway).

I don’t see “Montage” listed in the “Audio” section, but it does appear as an option in the Router section on the left panel (but goes away when it disconnects) when setting up a MIDI track. Nothing is listed there when I set up an audio track, but it records until it disconnects.

Hi MMoose,

“This application is not supported by this iPad" seems to be an iOS related message.
Here, it might help to choose original Apple adapters only.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I ordered the Apple Camera Kit, it updated when I plugged it in the iPad, and the connection works perfectly. Thanks.

Hi MMoose,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad to read that using the Apple Camera Kit resolved the issue!
Enjoy using Cubasis alongside your Montage!

Best,
Lars