(SOLVED) Cubasis mixdowns are inexplicably creating a 4kb empty file

I am suddenly not able to create a mixdown on any project. It does attempt to render a wav file when I initiate a mixdown, but the file that is created is just an empty 4kb file. I made space by deleting dozens of mixed down wav files and subsequently emptying the trash, but it did not help. Could memory/space even be the issue?

1 Like

Same here, hope we get a fix soon.

1 Like

Hi @sidewinder, Hi @Sycraft-w

Please let us have more details about your mixdown issue.

• Which app version do you use (Cubasis for iOS or Android)?
  • Mobile device and OS
  • Ideally, a short clip which shows all steps leading to the issue

Thanks
Lars

Same here. Cubasis 3. The most updated version. Everything is mixing as a file with no audio at 4kb

Hi Lars,

I am using Cubasis 3.6 on a Gen 2 iPad Pro. All of the playback and recording functionality is still there in the projects, but any time I try to create a mixdown, it takes the usual amount of time and then the resulting file is a correctly named, but empty 4kb file. I’m attaching some screen photos.

I’m using the latest Cubasis 3.6.5 on an iPad Air 5th generation running IOS 17.5.1.
Mixdown still renders empty files of 4k or 557 bytes.
This is new since Cubasis update last week.

Hi @sidewinder, Hi @snyguy, Hi @tygriff2012,

Thanks for your feedback so far.

Can you all confirm the issue appears only, if “Normalize” has been enabled in the “Mixdown” pop-up (once"Normalize" is disabled, mixdown work as expected)?

We aim to address the issue in a soon to be released hotfix update.

Thanks,
Lars

Yes, unchecking the normalize option works for me.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Lars,

Yes, it worked when I unchecked the normalize function. I’ve always had that box checked by default and it only became a problem last week. Somebody mentioned that you guys did an update last week, so I’m guessing that was an unexpected glitch.

New problem though. After a track is mixed down, I am unable to share the mixed down file. I usually either Airdrop to another device or upload to Dropbox. Neither are working right now.

Thanks for the help!

-Carlos

Hi @sidewinder

After a track is mixed down, I am unable to share the mixed down file. I usually either Airdrop to another device or upload to Dropbox. Neither are working right now.

Gave it a quick check on my iPhone SE where things work as expected.
If the problem persists, please share the exact steps leading to the problem.

Best.
Lars

Hi all,

Today we’ve released Cubasis 3.6.6 for iOS and Android, which fixes a problem where creating a normalized mixdown resulted in an empty file and a few more issues.

Warm greetings,
Lars