[SOLVED] Cubasis sample rate bug

Hey there. Is anyone else noticing that sampler tracks made in 48khz sessions revert back to 44.1 upon reloading the session? Causing the whole sampler track be out of pitch compared to the rest of the song?

I can’t for the life of me make sampler tracks in 48k sessions remain in 48k. They always drop to 44.1 and lower the pitch. Happens with just the iPad working at 48k and also stereo mini jack to amplifier sessions at 48k.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi cubaseuser1979

Yeah in deed I noticed that and thank you Steinberg for ruin a two year project that just should be released of a live concert my band did in 2017.

Now some really hard words about Steinbergs behavior.
How in Gods name are you even able to pronounce yourself as a serious company with good customer care when you totally damage good intentions to use your software and support your brand?

Why even release updates and stuff that haven´t been checked or informed about with a warning sign. I am furious, angry and a total hurricane now.

Request for a solution!
You Steinbergers would better produce a video excuse and detailed information of how I and other users can repair the damage you´ve done. Shame on you!

I’m sorry you’ve had so much trouble Jaxtone!

I have many ruined sessions too. It will let you work for hours in 48k with no problem in pitch or sound. Reloading a song I worked on for hours all sounds completely out of pitch and once those sampler tracks start to play at 44.1 at the wrong speed, they’re damaged for good. There’s no way to correct it or fix it other than reloading the sample into the mini sampler again at which point it displays at 48k correctly. Reload the song and sampler screen is again showing the sample at 44.1 and playing about 1.5 semitones down in pitch which is about the difference between 44.1 and 48k.
So basically the correct state of sampler tracks while you’re making them doesn’t save with the project.

Lars can you please acknowledge this gigantic problem? The program is literally completely unusable and costing me money since I’ve lost many Hours of work and cannot continue to commence projects until it’s fixed!

Thank you

Hi all,

First of, here is the technical explanation why we’ve had to change the sample rate behaviour with Cubasis 2.7 (as mentioned in our separate forum article back then):

Revised sample rate handling in Cubasis 2.7
Post by LSlowak » 25 Jan 2019 10:37

With the release of version 2.7, Cubasis only allows you to select sample rates that are supported by the hardware.

The reason for this change is that the automatic sample rate conversion by iOS results in increased CPU usage, which would have lead to issues like crackling on the iPad Pro 3rd gen. models.

The available sample rates are dictated by the hardware of the iPad device in use. For example, the 2018 iPad Pro models (3rd gen) only support 48kHz with the internal speakers and mic, unless external hardware is connected, whereas other iPads support 44.1 and 48 kHz.

Best,
Lars

@cubaseuser1979
I have many ruined sessions too. It will let you work for hours in 48k with no problem in pitch or sound. Reloading a song I worked on for hours all sounds completely out of pitch and once those sampler tracks start to play at 44.1 at the wrong speed, they’re damaged for good. There’s no way to correct it or fix it other than reloading the sample into the mini sampler again at which point it displays at 48k correctly. Reload the song and sampler screen is again showing the sample at 44.1 and playing about 1.5 semitones down in pitch which is about the difference between 44.1 and 48k.
So basically the correct state of sampler tracks while you’re making them doesn’t save with the project.

Hi cubaseuser1979, Hi jaxtone,

Thanks for your message.
We are sorry to hear about your issues!

Please read my comment above, to learn more why we’ve had to introduce the revised sample rate handing in Cubasis 2.7.

Here are a few questions regarding your issue(s):

(1) Which exact iPad model do you have in use? Here especially: does it come with the Lightning or USB-C port?
(2) Did you switch a hardware device (e.g. headphone, mic, audio interface) before you’ve noticed the revised sample rate setting of your project?
(3) Please specify the tracks that are out of tune:
(a) are these MIDI tracks routed to 3rd party instruments and/or effect plug-ins?
(b) are these audio tracks routed to 3rd party effect plug-ins?

If feasible, please provide us with the project allowing us to reproduce the problem (please upload the file via Dropbox, WeTransfer etc.) and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi cubaseuser1979, Hi jaxtone,

It seems we have some news regarding the issue:
In another bug report we’ve found the steps required to reproduce the problem.

Our engineering is working on a fix.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars if you’re talking about ant4dna on apple store that would be me. Do you still want me to file a bug report?

Regards,
Anthony

Hi jaxtone,

Thank you for providing the additional information via private message.

As discussed, this forum is for users of Cubasis for iPad.

Since your issue is related to Cubase (and unrelated to Cubasis), please re-post the topic into the matching Cubase forum.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for getting back to me!

Since the issue has been possibly fixed by our engineers, we offer to hand over the available beta version to you, to give it a try.
In this case, please provide me with your E-mail address via private message, to further exchange about this.

Thank you for your support!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Anthony, Hi all,

@ Anthony
Thank you for your support in checking out the beta version.

The Cubasis 2.8.1 maintenance update which is planned to be released shortly will address the issue.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Anthony, Hi all,

Please note that Cubasis 2.8.1 is available on the App Store.
For more information, please read here.

Best wishes,
Lars