[SOLVED] Dear Steinberg, what is happening with iC Pro?

Dear Steinberg,

Is iC Pro still being supported?

Is the issue with the latest IOS being worked on by yourselves and/or Apple?

Has the VCA/Cue Mix BUG been resolved yet? - Is it even being looked at?

Could someone from Steinberg please have the decency to let us know what is going on with this app?

This total lack of information and apparent stagnation does not paint the company in a very good light.

And it really p*sses the users off.

Some information would be much appreciated.

HI

Here is the SB Statement

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/cubase-ic-pro-connectivity-issue-after-ios-update-1031-4232.html

Not much else to say … other than the App should work with a USB Cable too. That would get me out of trouble!!

I’ve seen that, but it doesn’t answer all the questions.

This forum now consists of nothing much more that complaints and unresolved problems which don’t do the reputation of the company any favours.

I obviously wouldn’t presume to tell Steinberg what to do, but personally speaking, if I were Steinberg I would be all over this, trying to get Apple to provide a rapid fix, or attempt to recode the app itself to get it to function with the latest IOS, unless of course I was not interested in the app’s future.

Fact: We’ren’t able to use this software since two months.
The contract I signed with buying it gives me rights to use it but I cant. So the contract is broken by the supplier who doesn’t do anything not even informs the customer on the progress. That is not acceptable. The only polite behaviour would be to give the customer the possibility to quit his contract and a complete refund.

Maybe someone from Steinberg should give the Logic boys in Hamburg a call and ask them why their (and I might point out: FREE) Logic Remote controller is working with the iOS release 10.3.2?

It is painfully obvious that Steinberg really doesn’t care all that much about this app, otherwise they would have figured out what Apple did by now and re-coded the thing to work. Waiting on Apple to fix something that broke the app is going to be the mantra Steinberg will keep spinning until they abandon it altogether…just like the Android version…and so many other things they just gave up on.

I bought this thing for one reason (probably the reason most users bought it): remote transport control. Time to get out my extra long USB cable for the keyboard.

Meh.

It’s certainly looking that way. Rather than customer satisfaction, customer dis-satisfaction appears to be the goal at the moment.

This is really annoying. Makes my Cubase useless for recording now. Only editing chores left to do since one month and a half…

seems Steinberg gives icPro the same support as the UR series drivers (that forum is also very bad for the companies reputation) - silence isn’t golden Steinberg.

Hi all,

We’ve released a status update regarding the topic.
Please find it here: [SOLVED] News update: Cubase iC Pro connectivity issue - Mobile apps - Steinberg Forums

Thanks,
Lars

Dear all,

On July 20, 2017, Apple released the latest iOS update version 10.3.3 and we are pleased to announce that this resolves former connectivity issues between Cubase iC Pro and supported Steinberg DAWs.

Please follow this link to learn more:

Best,
Lars