[Solved] Default voice for players?

Hi, in an orchestral score started in Sibelius and xml-imported to Dorico I have a small problem… It seems that all content of second players (e.g. second flute, second oboe etc.) is in the downstem voice. Is there a way to change this?

I have tried to cut all the content and then insert to a new (upstem) voice. That works, but when I want to enter new music, it’s in the downstem voice again.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

If you know that each instrument is a single voice all the way through, you could do a lot worse than just selecting all, right-clicking > Voices > Change Voice > Upstem Voice 1.

In most situations it would be sufficient to select a single note on each stave, right-click > Voices > Default Stems Up, which will turn the entire voice into an upstem voice.

In each of these cases, if it’s a big flow or a lot of instruments, you should expect Dorico to think for a good few seconds.

Empty voices are cleared out when you close a project, so try performing the steps above, saving, closing the project and then reopening the project.

That worked, thank you so much! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the help from you and others on this forum! Best, Rune

1 Like