"SOLVED" Dorico makes strings tremolo when open Ableton Live

Hello,

I’m using this version of Dorico
Version 5.1.32.2114 (Apr 18 2024)
Dorico 5 AudioEngine Version 5.6.40.119

When I open Ableton Live 12 Dorico start to make strings tremolo and I don’t find any why to stop it expect closing Dorico.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (729.6 KB)

I would hazard a guess that Ableton is sending keyswitch data when you open it.

Thank you for your reply.
Ableton doesn’t seems to send anything.
CleanShot 2024-05-01 at 17.54.54

I noticed that if I launch Ableton live first and then Dorico I get not strings tremolo.
But then if I close Ableton Live and open it again, Dorico start to make it scary movie stuff.
Both are empty projects.

I wonder whether there’s some interference between the audio settings between the to applications? Check the audio interface settings and sample rate settings for both apps and make sure they’re not set to conflicting values.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m not using an audio interface.
Dorico and Ableton Live have the same sample rate.
As they are separate software I would prefer to not I have to care of this kind of things.
I use many other music software and had never had such issues.

CleanShot 2024-05-01 at 18.11.51

CleanShot 2024-05-01 at 18.11.43

Yes, we’d all prefer not to have to deal with problems, of course, but nevertheless problems do sometimes occur, and either we can deal with them, or we can live with their effects. Sadly, simply preferring not to deal with problems isn’t typically a practical response, in this or any walk of life :smiley:

In any case, it doesn’t appear that this is the problem. When Ableton is running, do you see the little green MIDI indicator lighting up in the bottom right-hand corner of the Dorico project window? That will only be lit up when Dorico is receiving MIDI data, and should normally only light up at the very moment you play a note on your MIDI keyboard.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you and I’m glad this forum exist and it’s very responsive.

Yes I see the little green MIDI indicator lighting up in the bottom right-hand corner of the Dorico project window.
Checking in the Link Tempo & Midi in the Preferences of Ableton Live,
I turned off the Link function (sending midi clock so compatible software will be sync in tempo) and Dorico get back quiet yesterday but it doesn’t work today.
Still get scary tremolo when open Ableton Live after Dorico.
Dorico react very slowly also.

1 Like