SOLVED - Dorico suddenly won't open! eLicenser error

Using Dorico OK earlier today. Saved work & closed it.
Couple of hours later went to open it again & got attached message instead

eLicenser Control - Error
DCOM connection to program ‘Synsopos.exe’ failed
Error Unspecified error

Still happens after rebooting computer.

If I open eLicenser Control Center it says ‘Reading eLicensers…’ & hangs. The maintenance button is greyed out. Then I notice the eLicenser Control - Error message has reappeared behind it. Clicking on OK on that clears the ‘Reading eLicensers…’ message from eLicenser Control Center but that just leaves completely blank eLicensers and Licenses panels, with the Enter Activation Code and Maintenance buttons still greyed out.

This is very worrying! How do I get Dorico back? I was just getting the hang of it & working on a new project!

Dorico error message.jpg

I found the file Synsopos.exe had been quarantined by my antivirus (BullGuard) & once restored all seems to be OK.
Leaving this thread up just in case anyone else has similar problem

I have a similar problem as steve4cello. I get the “DOM connection to program ‘Synsopos.exe’ failed.” message on starting Dorico, and the same results he got running eLicense Control Center.

I had the free version of Malwarebytes installed until recently and I recall it undergoing a Quarantining process I wasn’t paying much attention to at the time. I may have quarantined the file myself. Just now, I reinstalled Malwarebytes but it tells me that all the quarantined files had been deleted.

Can I simply replace synsopos.exe? If so, can anyone tell me 1) what subdirectory it belongs in and 2) how to ensure the synsopos.exe I use is the right one? The installation disk doesn’t have a self-contained synsopos.exe, but Windows Explorer shows me these 2 still on my PC:

C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\POS\SYNSOPOS.EXE
Date modified: 8/29/2016 5:35 AM
Size: 1.98 MB

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncroft\POS\SYNSOPOS.EXE
Date modified: 12/14/2011 11:21 AM
Size: 84.0 KB