[solved] Double barline with repeat barline – how?

In a flow I’ve created a double barline, a time signature change, and then a start repeat barline:

barlines.png
But I can’t for the life of me remember how I’ve achieved this. In a new flow I’m currently creating I can only get a single barline with a repeat or a double barline without repeat, not both. Can anyone enlighten me?

The way Dorico handles the time signature before the forward repeat would force a separation of the double bar line and the repeat symbol.

But it doesn’t separate them, if I select the barline or the repeat, both are highlighted. Even in Write mode the barline is always changed when adding a repeat sign. I must have done something differently. But I can’t remember what. :frowning:

Sorry for bumping this but I’m eager to know the solution and was afraid that this thread would have become forgotten over the weekend.

Stephan,

By putting a Key signature before the Time sgnature the double bar line will be there.
I’m not sure if this is the only way to get the double bar line.

Jan

Yes, jgkzdl, if the key signature changes, you get double line.
Natural-sign, # or b you can turn them into engrave in custom scale to 0.
“I’m not sure if this is the only way to get the double bar line.” too.

Ah I see. You know, I had a flow with just a drumset part in it, and naturally drums don’t have any specific keys so I never set a key change while I did in the other flow where other instruments were present, too.

Would be nice, however, to get something like this without mandatory key change.

I know one normally has to create a manual system break to force a forward repeat barline at the start of a system, but how does one do this at the start of a new flow if one wants to create a vamp?

You shouldn’t need to do anything: just select the first note or rest of the flow, type Shift+B, and enter |: for a start repeat barline in the popover.

No luck even after using Reset Appearance and Rest Position on the flow.

Ironically, the parts show the forward repeat at the start of the second flow (see the example included for What am I not understanding about Perc. Combinations - Dorico - Steinberg Forums), but the forward repeat does not appear at the start of the second flow in Full Score layouts.

Are you using a time signature drawn above the staff? If so, that’s the explanation: due to a bug, the start repeat barline won’t draw if you are also drawing a time signature change above the staff. This will be fixed in the forthcoming update.

That is it. Thank you.

I appreciate your very quick response.