[SOLVED] File import conversion problem - stereo to mono

When dragging a 44.1 kHz stereo WAV into the arranger a box pops up suggesting conversion to 48 kHz. If you accept the 48 kHz conversion the file is converted to “mono” (it looks like a stereo track in the arranger with two channels), however the audio file is most certainly mono. Each channel in the converted WAV is identical resulting in mono.

If you don’t accept the conversion the file imports correctly.

Hi robinwebb,

Are you able to share the file with me (Dropbox link via PM), so we can check the issue?

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I have sent you a PM as requested along with link to DropBox sample files and screenshots.

You can see in the above screenshot that something strange has happened with the converted file whilst the unconverted file is ok.

The converted file has lost the stereo aspects. My test file had a panning sine wave from left to right but this is lost with a converted import.

There is definitely a problem with the file import when converting from 44.1kHz to 48Khz on my Samsung S10+ phone.

I have create a sample file with sine tone panning left to right. The panning is lost if it is converted.

Thank you.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your providing us with the additional files and report via private message, which has been added to our bug base and shared with the team.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Robin,

Please note that we’ve released Cubasis for Android 3.1.1 this morning, which should resolve the problem:

Please let us have your feedback.

Thanks,
Lars

Lars,

It would appear that this problem has been resolved with 3.1.1.

I still have the burning/show stopping issue though of the crackling audio - any updates?

Thanks

Robin

I have the same issue which was stated by robinwebb in the last post: crackling audio after conversion. It happens only in moments when audio signal goes 0 dB.

Hi Fomil,

Robinwebb is talking about a different issue, which has nothing to do with file conversion in this context.
Learn more about the topic and workaround for it right here: [CBT-1952] Samsung S10+ subtle clicks in the audio - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Best,
Lars