SOLVED: Flat token not consistently rendering

I’m glad for the new {@flat@} token. I can finally display the layout name the way I want it: Tenor Saxophone in B{@flat@}.

But it’s not displaying consistently. On the First master page, it shows exactly as it does in the staff label. But on the default master page, it shows with the wrong flat glyph:

This is how the flat glyph used to appear when I copied and pasted it from the Character Map (using Minion Pro). I got around this by changing the font for the glyph to Academico, but obviously I can’t do that for just part of the layout name. And I definitely don’t want to start creating different master page sets for these sorts of things. I’ve been down that road before…

It seems like the flag glyph is displaying in Academico on the First master page (as it does for the staff labels), but not for the Default master page. Not sure why.

And I can’t use the new token {@stafflabelsfull@}, because it doesn’t include the transposition (since I want to display the glyph).

I can’t post the file publicly, but I can email it if requested.
falling a bit flat.png

I suspect you’ve got a font override in the text frame in which you’re trying to use the token, and it’s messing up the substitution somehow, but, as always, I can’t say for sure without seeing the project.

No overrides that I know of. I’ve emailed you the file, thanks.

Dan, I found that flats in instrument names rendered like your attachment in a completely new default project (e.g. open the Classical Orchestra template and look at Clarinet in Bb in the score) until I rebooted the PC after installing Dorico 3.

That must have been some side effect of the updated Academico font.

I definitely rebooted.

UPDATE: I also opened a project from 2.2 and changed the layout name to use the {@flat@} token, and it’s correct. Must be just that one file.

SOLVED. The Paragraph style needs to be set to “Layout Name.” the Default master page header paragraph style was set to “Header.” Apparently the Lyaout Name paragraph style is some sort of “mixed font” format that allows Dorico to use Academico for the glyphs, even if the text font is different.

That shouldn’t make any difference, because the {@flat@} token will always automatically switch to the ‘Music text’ character style. The paragraph style used should be immaterial.

Well, it fixed it. I’m not sure.