[Solved] Flexphraser presets missing (PC)

Hello,
I am trying to access the HALion 4 flexphraser presets… I see them on a Mac but on a PC they are missing. In MIDI Mod>Flexphraser: When I click and hold on the preset selection drop down menu nothing drops down. Is there a way to get the flexphraser presets to appear? I’m using a Dell T5400 Precision, 4 GB RAM, Intel Xeon 3 gHz, HALion 4.5 Sampler, Cubase 6.0.7
Thanks,
dmichael

Hi dmichael,

have you already installed all Updates for the HALion 4.5.2?

Cheers,

Marcus

Hello Marcus,
Yep - I have 4.5.2 installed… thanks for your help in the past by the way.
dmichael

Hi dmichael,

no probs, you are welcome.

Have maybe written something in the “search box”? Try to reset the search box of the Flexphraser presets and click on “Clear search text” (2 arrows pointing to the left).

Cheers,

Marcus

Hello Marcus,
I don’t see the ‘clear search text’ arrows. I’m in the HALion 4 center window>midi modifiers tab with flexphraser active. I do see a dash (-) in the preset window area but can’t seem to clear it. I can select all the other parameters; hold, trigger mode, restart mode… those arrows are probably staring at me… but I don’t see it.
dmichael

Hi there,

the “search” box is in the Flexphraser Preset window.

Please try also to re-scan the VST Sound area in the Cubase Mediabay (F5) as well.

Cheers,

Marcus

I’ve got the same problem…

I still have this problem… I was hoping the upgrade would fix my flexphraser presets but no luck… Anyone ever figure this one out?
thanks,
dmichael

Hi there,

when you install the HALion 4.x and the Updates you always need to choose “Install for anyone that uses the computer”. If you missed this once, this issue can happen.

Solution:
There are two possible locations in Windows for the presets, so just copy/paste them to both locations:

C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion\Sub Presets

and/or:

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\HALion\Sub Presets

So take a look where the Flephraser Presets are and copy them to the other location.

Best regards,

Marcus

Hello Marcus,
Thanks for the tip - that did it…

Although there was no HALion folder in the C>Program Data>Steinberg> path… So once I put the HALion folder with the Sub Presets folder inside, the sampler recognized the flexphraser patterns. Thanks again.

Hi dmichael,

thanks for coming back and good to hear that the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Marcus

I know this seems a bit of a idiot question but where is the “programsData” folder . I a have program files folder ?

Hello,
That folder might be hidden. Unhide all your folders and you should see it there…
dmichael

your an absolute gent , thanks for that ,brilliant job

regards
john

Thanks, this helped a bunch!