[Solved]Grouptrack latency!

Look at it again. Nearby the Output-Gain. :wink:

Having a bad day ? :mrgreen:

Thank you.
IĀ“m still on C5, and was under the impression, theyĀ“re the same in both versions. So I checked the C5 multiband, the C6 plugin PDF and a youtube video on the C6 multiband, and neither shows a ā€œliveā€ button, so I got couriousā€¦

As alwaysā€¦ :laughing:

I guess heā€™s looking ahead to something he doesnā€™t like. :mrgreen:

Hi!

It was the Multiband compressor that caused the latency. But I was not able to locate any Live button.
But I turned it off and used EzMix plugin instead without any latency.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Regards/
Tellskog

Hi Telleskog,

thank you for the information.

If you do not see the ā€œLiveā€ Button, your Cubase 6 version is not up-to-date.

Please download and install the latest Update from our ā€œDownloadā€ section:

Cheers,

Marcus

The ā€œLiveā€ button was introduced with update V6.0.3

Thank youā€¦

"constrain delay compensation

Does it mean that there is/should be ā€œconstrain delay compensationā€ for ā€œlook ahadā€ or not?

i thought the plugin has to say how long process takeā€¦

Best Regards

CDC only turns off plugins on certain channels when over the defined delay threshold. (0 samples default)

ie, it will stop the plugin working.

Unless on a FX channel, then the reported delay is ignored.

Page 216

that means that "Automatic Deley Compensation (not CDC like TabSel wirte to me later) not work correct with the CB MBComp?

this is the difference between a FX and a Groupe track?

How are you expecting it to work?

Yes

The one I use has one under the output gain.
Which cubase version are you using? Maybe itā€™s new?

Edit: Ah okā€¦ I did not notice that the thread meanwhile has a second page. :wink:

When the plugin says it takes 5ms for process, CDC should delay evrything else that the 5ms become 0ā€¦

thx!

That is done automatically in Cubase all the time: Automatic delay compensation.
Everything is delayed so that thew total delay between different tracks is 0 and everything is in sync. But overall total latency is increased to the value of the plugin with the highest delay.
Constrain delay compensation does the opposite: lowering the total latency by disabling the Plugin (delay compensation) for Plugins in the direct recording / monitoring / signal path, according to certain rules explained in the manual, as Split already poinrted out.

thx, upsā€¦ i will correct itā€¦

but as here shown cubase donā€™t do this ever with the MBComp like shown in this thread or not?

CDC the button left on the top. (verzƶgerungsausgleich ausschalten)
ADC = Automatic Delay Compeensation? (what cubase usually [should] do)

Constrain Delay compensation, either switches off the plugin to eliminate the delay causing plugins or if on an FX channel, ignores the reported delay, so that plugin will now sound late by the amount of samples itā€™s processing takes.

Cubase normally operates with full plugin delay compensation on everything, unless you engage the CDC button.

Edit, I see Mr Cap got there first :sunglasses:

Thx @ all. now we posted/edit currently:)

OK: i understood right but i exchanged DCD with ADCā€¦
or is it called PDC?

Nicht ā€œAusschaltenā€ sondern ā€œEinschrƤnkenā€