[Solved] HOW TO CONVERT AUDIO TO MIDI ON CUBASE 7

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONVERT AN AUDIO TRACK TO MIDI NOTES ON CUBASE 7.I AM A LITTLE BIT CONFUSED ON HOW IT IS DONE.YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Only possible for monophonic audio.

Double-click on the audio event => entering the editor
In the inspector to the left find “vari audio”, analyze audio and then select “extract midi” (in the inspector too). You can extract it to a MIDI channel or to the clipboard or whatever.
…don’t expect it to work so well, though))

Watch “Cubase 5 - Extracting Midi from Audio with Vari A…” on YouTube - Cubase 5 - Extracting Midi from Audio with Vari A…: Cubase 5 - Extracting Midi from Audio with Vari Audio - YouTube

I HAVE DOUBLE CLICKED THE AUDIO EVENT TO OPEN THE SAMPLE EDITOR.BUT THERE IS NO VARI AUDIO IN IT.ALL I SEE IS HITPOINTS.UNDER THAT ARE A COUPLE OF FUNCTIONS,ONE OF THEM IS “CREATE MIDI NOTES” BUT IT DOES NOT WORK.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT.I HAVE THE FREE VERSION OF CUBASE 7,COULD THAT BE THE REASON IT DOESN’T WORK?

IF BY THE FREE VERSION YOU MEAN CUBASE 7 AI THEN AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IT DOESN’T HAVE THE VARIAUDIO FUNCTIONALITY NEEDED TO DO THE AUDIO TO MIDI EXTRACTION.THIS FUNCTION IS CERTAINLY AVAILBALE IN CUBASE 7 AND I THINK IN CUBASE 7 ARTIST BUT NOT IN CUBASE 7 AI OR CUBASE 7 ELEMENTS SO PROBABLY THIS IS THE REASON IT IS GREYED OUT ON YOUR SCREEN. HOPE THIS HELPS.

VariAudio is in full version only.

YES I HAVE CUBASE 7 ELEMENTS.DOES IT NOT HAVE THE MIDI FUNCTION?

NO IT DOESN’T

END OF SHOUTING MATCH

Hi there,

first of all Cubase Elements 7 is not a “free version”, unless you mean the trial version of Elements. Secondly, since the question has already been answered, I’m closing this thread and editing the title to solved.

And lastly, writing in capitals is considered shouting and it is against our rules of conduct! Please keep that in mind in the future.

Regards