SOLVED - HSO Install Problem

I have HSO full edition upgrade from Halion String Edition 1. This installed fine on Windows 7 32bit with the installer prompting for the HSE1 disk 1 before continuing. However on trying to install this on my Windows 7 64bit machine I get a cryptic Syncrosoft error message which occurs just after the completion of the HSE1 validation step.
The error reads :

“Syncrosoft Licence Control Warning

There are other activated processes which disturb the installation process.
Please restart the computer and repeat the installation.”

I restart following the prompt but restarting the install justs results in the same message.

There is no clue as to what ‘activated processes’ are supposedly interfering with Syncrosoft validation so I am unable to install HSO.

Anyone ever seen this message or have any ideas on what I could try.

Cheers

David

You have to use the newer eLicenser driver for the Steinberg Key.

What I do when installing Steinberg software (particularly older stuff) is to cancel the installation of the Syncrosoft/eLicenser at the language selection dialog box, then continue with the installation, and finally download the latest version of the eLicenser and install that. I then run the eLicenser Control Center to check I see my licenses before attempting to start the application.

Thanks for that but there wasn’t an option to do that in the HSO update installer on the DVD.

However I have now found the solution. The issue was linked to 64bit. There was a HSO 1-5 version update.

Simply had to run that and install the content files from the DVD to a location of my choosing then open the content locator in HSO 1-5 to point to the location.

I further discovered that the HSO manual references the fact that the HSO content files can be read by Halion 3 so it seems that if Halion 3 does everything that the HSO player v1-5 does then I just need to use that.

Thanks to all for assistance

Cheers
David

I have just upgraded my system with windows 7 and Cubase 6. (64)
I also have HSO full edition upgrade from Halion String Edition. I have many projects using HSO and am now somewhat confused as to how to fire up past projects using presets that were used.
After a botched attempt to install HSO last night, (getting “Syncrosoft Licence Control Warning there are other activated processes which disturb the installation process.
Please restart the computer and repeat the installation.")
I have checked a few posts and it seems that all I need to do is install the trial version on the Cubase 6 DVD, and because I have a licence that will give me what I previously had when I was using HSO in Cubase 4 and 5.
Is that correct? The original HSO content came on quite a few DVDs not just one which makes me think the content must be watered down.

A blow by blow account of how, if possible, to get HSO as I had it in Cubase 5 would be welcome .

Somewhat confused.

RD

I have just upgraded my system with windows 7 and Cubase 6. (64)
I also have HSO full edition upgrade from Halion String Edition. I have many projects using HSO and am now somewhat confused as to how to fire up past projects using presets that were used.
After a botched attempt to install HSO last night, (getting “Syncrosoft Licence Control Warning there are other activated processes which disturb the installation process.
Please restart the computer and repeat the installation.")
I have checked a few posts and it seems that all I need to do is install the trial version on the Cubase 6 DVD, and because I have a licence that will give me what I previously had when I was using HSO in Cubase 4 and 5.
Is that correct? The original HSO content came on quite a few DVDs not just one which makes me think the content must be watered down.

A blow by blow account of how, if possible, to get HSO as I had it in Cubase 5 would be welcome .

Somewhat confused.

RD