[Solved, I hope…] And yet, another "missing files" issue…

I am dealing with missing files since three days, sometimes with GA5SE and now with Halion Sonic 7, at Cubase launch :

HS7_FilesMissing

Opening HS7 UI, I can’t get any sound from the Amped Electra library (MIDI messages received and no sound, no matter the preset chosen and yes, I have checked the MIDI channel involved) :

… This, with all these installed and authorized (I have passed several hours in SDA recently, installing and reinstalling what I thought could be the culprits, to no avail) :

Sorry to flood the forum with this kind of thread but, beside an eventual fix that I, of course, would like to get, I think it’s really time to straighten up the whole ‘content’ management… :roll_eyes:

An update…

While still scratching my head yesterday, and out of any inspiration, I launched SDA with administrator rights, under my Windows user account (NOT my administrator one) and I saw this :

A completely different screen, compared to the SDA screenshot I posted yesterday, but done while using my administrator account. And yes, even Cubase and GA5SE weren’t marked as ‘installed’. Seeing this, I downloaded again most of the content already downloaded and installed with my administrator account, including the Amped Elektra library and relaunched Cubase. Result ? No more “Some audio files are missing” warning message. And yes, I have now sound from the Amped Elektra presets (the library is very nice, by the way, highly recommended…).

I guess that the explanation is more or less visible in the screenshot that follows : for a reason I would like to know, under my administrator account, only the presets have been installed, but NOT the associated samples. Naively, I thought that installing Steinberg contents under an administrator account was the right way to do so, as for Cubase itself (I never had an issue with countless Cubase update installations, doing it this way). Obviously, I was wrong…

From which, this universal moral :

THOU SHALL NOT USE SDA UNDER AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO INSTALL STEINBERG CONTENT.

THOU SHALL USE SDA WITH ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS UNDER YOUR USER ACCOUNT INSTEAD.

Maybe I’m missing something (in this case, related link, please), but I would have liked to see this clearly mentioned somewhere : it would have spared me several hours lost, trying to solve the ‘content’ problem.

1 Like