[SOLVED] Imported Audio into Cubasis 3 doesn’t align with Tempo

I’m having an issue with Audio imported from other DAWs into Cubasis 3 not aligning with the same tempo set in the project. It appears there is a set amount of time added to the audio file when imported into Cubasis 3 that has to be manually removed. For example, if i create a project in another DAW at say 120 BPM. After I export the file, then import into Cubasis 3, the audio is played back at 120 BPM, but part of the audio file has to be adjusted to fit the 120 BPM timeline in Cubasis 3. I tested the same project files in other DAWS Auria Pro and Mixcraft 9 Pro. Both these DAWS align properly when imported.

Is this a known issue or am I messing up somewhere? Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi TomD,

Thank you for your message.

I gave it a quick test to export a GarageBand 120 BPM project as an audio file, which I’ve re-imported with Cubasis.
The audio file aligns perfectly and plays back as expected.

Please double check, that the export settings of the 3rd party apps are correct, and that sample rates etc. matches in the apps used.

In this regard, please note that Cubasis switches sample rates, to match the available sample rates of the iPad device in use. Some of the iPad devices require or support 48 kHZ as a minimum! Please check, if this might be the reason.

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you for the quick reply Lars. The audio file sample rates are 44.1. Cubasis on my IPad, 10.5 inch IPad Pro, will only allow me to select 44.1 as the sample rate. I did some more testing, created a new project in Cubasis and imported the same files. The audio files aligned correctly this time with the tempo map. I imported the same file into the original project, but the alignment issue is still there. I’m not sure what I did wrong with the original project or what the difference is. I wasn’t too far along with the project so i can easily start over. I did have this happen on a previous project as well, and thought it might have just been a fluke. If you would like me to provide any of the files for you to see or test I’d be happy to do so. I can at least work with the new project and everything is aligned correctly.

Hi TomD,

Thank you for your updated message.

Since imported files properly align from Garageband and your further checks, I would clearly see the issue be related to settings in the 3rd party apps.

Thanks again,
Lars

Well, the imported files were the exact same files from the same location imported into both projects. I just imported the files from the files app again into a new Cubasis project. For some reason it worked the second time. I’ll try to watch this on future projects and let you know if I can reproduce it. Thanks for the quick replies.

Hi TomD,

Great to hear it worked the second time.
Please let me know, if it happens again.

Best,
Lars

Well, unfortunately I keep having issues with this still. I cannot figure out what might be causing it. I run into this issue on almost every project. It not only happens with imported audio, but also when I use the freeze option. After a track freeze, the new audio track will be out of sync also. The constants I always have are multiple tracks, sub groups, fabfilter plugins, and volume automation on every project. Sometimes importing the same files a second time seems to fix the sync issue. The original files used in cubasis 3 when imported into other DAWs on ipad or PC don’t cause this problem so it seems to be exclusive to cubasis 3 in my experience. Sample rate is the same and it doesn’t seem to matter what the file type being imported is. I can manually sync all tracks with the click track which obviously isn’t ideal. I notice at a tempo of 120bpm, the correct adjustment is about a 32nd note (not sure what the time correction would be). I realize this might not be a lot to go off of, but any suggestions what to look at next would be very helpful. Thanks.

Hi TomD,

Thanks for your message.

If possible, please find a simple repro to the issue and let us know about it.
Once our engineers can see the issue, there is a good chance to have it resolved.

Thanks,
Lars

Ok sounds good. Hopefully in the next few days I’ll have some extra time to do some trouble shooting.

I’ve had a chance to do some experimenting and I’m having a hard time reproducing this in a new project. However, I can reproduce the issue every time with projects that currently have the issue. I included a link to a project with the issue. I can include another if that would be useful. The project is called ‘Cubasis testing After All’ and it has had the issue with every audio file I’ve imported. The same audio files imported into any other project plays back correctly. The audio files are WAV, 44.1 16bit and 120 BPM. Track 1 is in 4/4 and Track 2 is 3/4. Hopefully this will be of some use to identify the issue. I’ll keep experimenting to see if I can figure out what caused the issue. Here are some links to the project with the issue as well as the audio files used in the project. Thanks.

Project file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kch5bu09rgmqjc/Cubasis%20Sync%20After%20All.zip?dl=0

Audio Files

Track 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvju3pjnw02pvdq/SSDSampler5%20Cubasis%20testing%20120bpm.wav?dl=0

Track 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiew1yc2l4tapl8/SSDSampler5001%20Cubasis%20test2.wav?dl=0

Hi TomD,

Thank you for sharing the project with us.

Having evaluated your project, Pro L2 is inserted as a master insert effect, which introduces latency.
Disabling the plug-in resolves the problem.

As of yet, Cubasis does not offer plug-in latency compensation, which is planned to be included in a future update.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars! I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I keep doing wrong! Simple enough to at least remove the FX from the master for now when i need the click. Thanks for the quick resolution.

Hi TomD,

Thank you for your message.

You did not something wrong, the issue is related to latencies introduced by plug-ins.
Whenever you encounter something like this, disabling the plug-ins introducing lartency should resolve the issue.
As mentioned above, plug-in delay ciompensation is on our list for future updates, but might take some time.

Best,
Lars

I’m having the same issue, with audio imported from GarageBand or Logic. The audio gets slower as it progresses, so it’s behind the beat, or late by the end of the song.

I’ve tried all of the above. Sample rates match, plug-ins disabled.