[SOLVED] Inter-App

Can anybody out there let me know how to use other apps on my iPad. In particular am trying to use the Insert Effects to use Bias Amp or Amp Kit or Amplitude to process my electric guitar signal. I can choose the apps in the Inter-App effects but nothing happens. No signal is being sent to the app and no signal is returning to Cubasis. Not sure if I am missing something???

Hi JonProudfoot,

Thank you for your message.

Gave AmpliTube CS for iPad a short check with Cubasis 3 on the iPad Pro 12.9" 1st Gen:

• Launch Cubasis 3 and create an audio track
  • Import an audio file to the audio track
  • Assign “AmpliTube CS for iPad” as insert effect to audio track via Inter-App Audio
  • Start playback

Result

• Imported audio file is played back with guitar effect from AmpliTube CS

Environment:

• Cubasis 3.0, AmpliTube Ver. 4.10.0 (9K28), iPad 12.9" 1st Gen with iOS 13.3,

Please let me know where things go wrong at your end.

Thanks
Lars

Thanks Lars

I have done all that and seemingly exhausted all possibilities. The Inter-App apps are not receiving and input from Cubasis and are not sending signal back as a result. Cubasis sends me to Amplitude CS when I select but there is no sound. I have the play, record and return to Cubasis button in Amplitude CS but there is no signal to use!!

Jon

Hi Jon,

Did you try the exact steps above?
What iPad device do you have in use?

Best,
Lars

Hi Jon,

Here is a short example clip for you: https://we.tl/t-Rrkq86EHRy

Best,
Lars

if you do not hear your sim amps go to Cubasis set up page, choose audio, turn on background audio., don’t turn on background audio in bias fx or amplitude, you will never know if its coming through cubase

I know I am very late to this thread but does this work for iPhone 12 with latest software update as well? I have purchased the full plug-in package from AmpliTube however their daw is not working and I am looking into buying Cubasis 3!

Hi @AJTheGuitarist,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

From what I see, AmpliTube is limited to Inter-App Audio and/or Audiobus support, which comes with limitations. Apple introduced Audio Unit support many years ago offering much more flexibility in comparison.

Nevertheless, it worked fine using AmpliTube with Cubasis 3.5 via Inter-App Audio in my quick check with the iPad 12.9" 1st Gen.

But I suggest to get in touch with our friends at IK Multimedia too!

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars