[SOLVED] Interapp audio apps (not) syncing with Cubasis

*** edit***
I changed the thread title, because the not syncing occurs with other interapp audio apps as well
*** edit***

Hi all

Upgraded to Cubasis 2 today: NICE!

I am trying to sync Patterning (best drum pattern creator app IMHO) to Cubasis.
So I choose add midi track, instruments, Inter-App instruments and… Patterning is not there…
In the sync section of patterning I want to enable Inter-App audio, but I get the message: To use Inter-App audio sync, you must connect the main output of patterning to an Inter-App audio host app…

What am I doing wrong? And is Inter-App audio the smart way to sync both apps if I want Cubasis to be the master, patterning the slave and make a song in patterning and add instruments via Cubasis?

Edit:

I’ve come a bit further: if i use patterning as an insert on an audio track and connect the main output to it, I can switch on the interapp audio sync in patterning. It does not sync right away, but if I click the |< button a few times while cubasis plays, it starts syncing after a while, but stops after 12 bars… a few bars later, cubasis itself stops playing as well…

Cheers

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your message, we’re glad to hear you like Cubasis 2 so far!

First of all, I recommend to have a look at our in-app help to learn more about the available Cubasis options for Apple’s Inter-app audio format as well as its system-related limitations (see Accessories chapter in the help section).

Please get in touch with Patterning regarding your sync problem, and let them know that we’re able to discuss technical issues if required or helpful.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Developer of Patterning here… I’d love to chat to try to sort the sync issue out, it seems to occur with SECTOR as well, so it’s possibly a Cubasis issue. A quick look at the sync info I’m receiving, right after pressing start in Cubasis, I’m getting a timeline position of large numbers (55, 17, etc) before it resets to near 0 (i.e. .703), but not all the way to zero, and then proceeds forwards from there. I can be reached at support at olympianoiseco dot com. Thanks!
Ben

whoop whoop! Inter company cooperation!

wouldn’t it be cool to see the whole conversation here?

I spend 40% of my time with iOS music apps wondering if I’ve gone insane… just to see how the issues roll out and get saved would be so instructive!!

Yeps, that would be cool… both Ben and Lars are invited :wink:

Hi Ben,

Will get in touch with you via eMail.

Best,
Lars

does Cubasus support AIF audio files?

I will answer my own question: it will play the files in preview, but not in the actual arrange window. But audio share has a very convenient convert function, so the aif export from patterning is converted in audio share and then easily opened in Cubasis! Yeah! Now to have them synced!

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you’ve found your own workaround.
Did send Ben a message some time ago but have not heard back from him so far.

Best,
Lars

I am pretty sure he is busy… we have been mailing all weekend to get the work around working, that seemed like a faster thing to fix. :slight_smile:

The syncing problem remains… and I have found that sector is showing the exact same behaviour… so it actually seems to be something more of a Cubasis - ish problem?

Hi,

I’ve received an answer to my eMail from Oct 11 from Ben yesterday, however immediately received an error when replying to his message. Once the technical issues are settled we will exchange with Ben about the issue.

Best,
Lars

Hi Erik,

Good news:
We’ve exchanged with Ben regarding the topic which is planned to be solved with the next Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Oh that is good news! Thank you!

it took a while, and by now I am a bit of a Gadget freak, but you delivered as promised: cubase 2.1 and no problems syncing patterning and Cubasis with inter app audio any more! Well done! and Thank you!

Erik

Thanks for the update, Erik!
Glad to hear things now work as expected for you with the latest Cubasis 2.1 update.

Best,
Lars