[SOLVED] Is it possible to edit two tracks with variaudio

You’re right thinkingcap, but if you had added “…in the audio editor” that would have been more clear :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
In my future question I will be more precise.

Maybe I have the same issue? I am trying to do something that seems like it should be really simple, but but am having a tough time. I have two vocal tracks. I want to match the timing one of against the other manually, using VariAudio. I cannot seem to figure out how to open both tracks in the sample editor and simply drag the timing of one to visually match the other. I can open the two tracks but just can’t seem to get them to display one above the other. I have tried all variation of checking/unchecking “Link Editors” in preferences, selecting/deselecting “Edit Active Audio Event Only”. Why is this so hard? I could have sworn I saw them display like this a couple of days ago unintentionally. Am I missing something?

I have been trying to select several tracks and show them in the same editor window to visually align the timing of one track against the other, but I cannot seem to do this, no matter whether I select “Edit Active Audio Event only” or “Link Editors”. In fact, “Edit Active Audio Event only” doesn’t seem to affect anything at all. I can only see one track at a time. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

Maybe I am having the same problem GE had. I cannot seem to display 2 tracks in the sample editor one above the other – extremely useful to match one vocal track’s timing against another when using VariAudio. Selecting both events and opening the editor opens both, sure, but then you can only select one at a time from the drop down next to “Edit Active Audio Event only”. I have pored through the manual, searched, and tried random things in Cubase. No dice.

Thank you so much. I’ve been using Cubase for nearly 20 years now (obviously this wasn’t available then) but if you record a vocal with 2 or more mics positioned in front of the singer, this seems a kind of obvious thing to want to do.

The only button I didn’t know was the “Edit Active Part Only”.

Thanks again. It’s so obvious really, but if you don’t know the answer… you’ll do them individually which seems like such a poor idea.

I read this post and I had to translate the solution:

Select several audio parts and then double click to engage the EDITOR. You will get only one EDITOR window. OK, before activating VariAudio, deactivate the ‘Edit Active Part Only’ via a button (found in the EDITOR window). Now activate VariAudio. You will get one color per audio part analyzed by VariAudio. When you select one note to move, the audio wave corresponding to the selected note appears in the background of the EDITOR window.