Solved - Loading audiointerface for customer projects

I open about 1,000 projects a year that were created on other computers with other audiointerfaces. And my first job is always loading my audio interface (choosing a output preset) and loading my own color palette (setting to standard).
Whenever a project is started from a different computer, the interface is initially switched to none - and the color palette is from the other computer.

Is there a way to save this recurring work? For example, that the existing hardware is always used? Because these things cannot be automated with a macro - and certainly many work with projects from other computers with other interfaces.
(I used to work with Cakewalk Sonar years ago - it always loaded the existing audiointerface)

Hi,

Try to set the Preferences > General > Open Project in Last Used View to the Foreign Projects iron, please.

Thank you.
Unfortunately that doesnā€™t help. Neither the existing audio interface nor the default color settings are loaded.
The setting Open Project in Last Used View only causes the window arrangement to be loaded as in the last project.
There should be a selectable option to replace the audio interface when loading the project from a customer.
At least for the color palette, there should be an option to load always the standard palette at startup.

Hi,

Do you use Control Room, please? The Control Room setup is global. The Inputs and Outputs are stored in the project.

Thank you. We do not use control room.
These are digitization projects of tapes, cassettes, vinyl from universities and archives. For digital restoration.
I just had to take a look to the Control room feature these days.

I think the fundamental problem is that the software canā€™t possibly know how you prefer to re-route signals when new hardware appears. To me then there is always a stark difference between ā€œthe mix(er)ā€ and ā€œthe studioā€. Using Control Room I can take care of the latter, and by using templates I take care of the former.

If I always have for example output 1-2 in the mixer serve as the actual full stereo mix, and leave it set to ā€œno outputā€ in the outputs tab, I can then have the Control Room source #1 always set to ā€œoutput 1-2ā€ for example and this way the project is ā€˜moveableā€™ without having to re-route.

So loading using templates and then using Control Room is probably the answer.

1 Like

Thank you.
Iā€™ll take a look to the control room in the next few days.
Iā€™m a stranger to that at the moment, because we donā€™t need anything like that for digitization. But that sounds really good.

I would also recommend using the CR. Once you internalize the concept, the logic behind it is easy to understand. Have always viewed the CR with suspicion in the past. Today, I no longer want to do without it.
Important: The audio connections in the Control Room are independent. Under certain circumstances it is helpful if you deactivate the exclusive assignment. And you have to activate the CR (1). Creating the busses in the audio connections alone is not enough.

control_room_channel_0

The first time I overlooked this and wondered why I hear nothing. :blush:

Thank you, Control Room works.
The customer projects can be edited immediately without connecting to my audio interface. Steinberg has come up with something good here. And you never stop learning.
Changing the color palette to default takes less than 10 seconds. One can live with that.

3 Likes