(Solved) LV not showing

Any idea what’s going on here? The LV isn’t showing in the bottom staff. The slash note is downstem voice 1, if that matters. But in the staff above, the slash note is also downstem voice 1, and it’s displaying correctly. (Plus, changing the note to upstem doesn’t make the LV appear)

It’s an XML import, but I can’t see why that would matter. I can’t post the project publicly, but I can email it.

Cross-posting to Facebook here because I need to get this project done asap.

I’m happy to take a look if you DM/email to me. No obvious explanations come to mind.

I’m not sure what’s happening in your particular example, but I wouldn’t use an LV there anyway. You can just extend the slash voice:
lv

Easy enough to hide the stem if you don’t want it too:
lvnostem

EDIT: just realized you said you were using downstem voice 1 for the slash. Any reason to not just use a slash voice there?

Because of the rest of the bar:

But again, it doesn’t matter, because when I switch to a different voice, it doesn’t fix it.

This is a chart ported over from Finale by an experienced arranger, so I want to preserve his notation to the letter.

Sending, thanks.

The problem is the duration. It’s 9/2, meaning an eighth tied to a whole note. The whole note is hidden by the slash region and the left panel isn’t showing anything (as it can’t represent that note value). Solution: select the note and hit 5.

Bingo! Thanks Leo, as always.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter, but I’m sure if this was a pencil manuscript he would have carried the tie over to beat 1. Below is the standard way to notate these sort of rhythmic ties:

I imagine he just didn’t know how to do it in Finale.