[Solved 'manually'...] Just upgraded to 10.5.20 and...

… what I was hoping to happen didn’t : none of my 10.0.60 settings have been imported to the new 10.5.20 installation. From which, I’m for resetting all my preferences, audio connections, MIDI setup, external instruments import, Control room activation, Generic remote defintions, to name just the first I am thinking of. Seeing this, I just closed 10.5 : I’ll wait to have the patience to do the chore of resetting the whole thing as expected…

This, unless I try to copy the involved files from the 10.0 install folder to the 10.5 one, replacing what is already existing. So, my question is basically this : I more or less know which files are involved (few more checks needed, though…) but are the 10.0 files strictly compatible with 10.5 ? I would like to avoid crippling the new installation, if possible…

Thanks in advance for any hint.

check out the profile manager.

in cubase 10 it is under: edit → profile manager

Completely passed beside this one, I admit. Honestly, I didn’t even know that it was existing (still mentally bloked in a 6.5.5 state, apparently). Meanwhile, I just solved the problem in my own way :

1. Made a full backup of the C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64 folder, just in case.
  2. Copy all the files that were in the equivalent Cubase 10_64 folder to the Cubase 10.5_64 one, excepting all what is related to media or VSt scans (IOW, media*.xml and vst*.xml files).
  3. Replaced/add everything that was in the Cubase 10.5_64\Presets with the equivalent 10.0 one.
  4. Copied my projects templates in the equivalent Cubase 10.5_64\projects Templates folder.
    All this seems to have solved the problem : I even retrieved exactly the UI configuration i was using with 10.0.60, this, with all the settings related to audio, MIDI, Control room, Generic remote defintions, etc. AFAICS, the whole thing is working as I was expecting : rather pleased with the overall result, as there hasn’t been CPU/ASIO spike or audio hiccup of any kind, until now. All this seems to behave more or less as 10.0.60.

Thanks anyway for the tip, Glenn : I’ll try to keep the profile manager in mind for further upgrades. :wink: