[SOLVED] midi cc

Does Cubasis 2 recognise midi cc messages. I am trying to get the expression pedal working on a Roland A-88, so far with no success. Any help would really be appreciated.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis provides MIDI CC support.
Please refer to the in-app help (Editors/Key Editor chapter) to learn what parameters are supported and how to use them.

Next to the in-app help we have an online version available at:
https://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/ED_MIDI.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Lars

In general the method of programming my CC’s with the “parameters” feature seems great. I do have one big concern, however:

When drawing or moving a node or point on the graph for a parameter, the value starts at zero and jumps up to 4, then goes smoothly up to 123 and jumps to 127. I cannot access values 1 to 3 or 124 to 126.

This is mostly insignificant except in one really important area- Bank Select and Program Change.

Is there a workaround, or can this be fixed?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Please set grid (located to the right in the sub menu) to off which allows to set values more precisely.

Best,
Lars

Lars,

I did try your suggestion, to set the grid to “off”. That took care of it for me, now all values are accessible from 0-127. I generally do make use of the grid feature, I will just remember to turn it off occasionally as needed.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the update, Matt.
Glad to hear it helped to solve the issue at your end.

Best,
Lars