[SOLVED] Midi Effect Recording

Hallo,
first, please excuse my bad english!

I own Cubasis 2 und 3. Could you please explain, how I can record midi events from midi generating plugins in Cubasis 3!

I tried out the following:

1. Created a new midi track with a midi instrument.
  2. In the routing „All Midi Inputs“ are activated.
  3. Adding a midieffect, for example „Riffer“ or „Rozeta Bassline“ or other.
  4. When I play the midi-generator I can hear the sound of the midi-instrument.
  5. When I activate „Record“ I still hear the generatet sound, but nothing is recorded. After recording the track stays blank.

The same procedere works in Cubasis 2 as expected. Perhaps I must have to do something different in Cubasis 3!?

Please show me the way to use this feature also in Cubasis 3.

Thanks.

Hi hirni1,

Please note that the AU MIDI plug-in option comes with Rec To Track and MIDI Thru buttons in the effect rack, which allows you to determine the recording behavior.

To learn more how to use the feature properly, please have a look at our dedicated Cubasis Audio Unit MIDI tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Thank You, but…

„ The requested page could not be found.“

I found it out now and it works!

Thanks!

Hi hirni1,

Thanks for your message.
Glad to read that the issue is solved!

Best,
Lars

I have a similar problem in Cubasis 3. I want to record the Midi output of an AU appergiator to a new midi track for detailed editing.
In “Routing” I set the midi output of the track 1 with the appergiator midi effect to an empty midi track 2 (Now automatically the input of this empty track 2 is set to the track 1 with midi effect).
After recording the part, I have the wished appergios in track 2 as midi BUT (here comes the problem) it also directly records the original midi notes I played on track 1 (the longer notes that are routed into the appergiator to achieve the appergios).
How can I get JUST the appergios, without manually removing the original notes?

Hi @audiofile,

Please take a look at our dedicated AU MIDI effects chapter in the Cubasis help:
https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubasis/Cubasis_3_Web_Help/EF_Midifx.html

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars,
Many thanks! Theat did the trick, the “record to track” option was what I was looking for!

1 Like

Thanks, glad to read it helped @audiofile!

Enjoy being creative,
Lars